BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

clown nose theft deterrent

1065 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  BimmurBrothor
Good morning everyone. We have an 08 X3 with 149000 miles. It has been relatively trouble free for the last 30000 miles. The other day I had to leave the car in a public parking lot overnight. I attempted to activate the clown nose. No go ! It used to work. The car has not been to the stealership since we have owned it, so it has not been re-programmed by anyone. How can I activate this ?

Klaus
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
The clown nose, without the OEM optional alarm system, should start blinking after the doors are locked.

Do you have an alarm system?
No, no alarm system
If you have the Clown Nose then you have DWA. If everything is OK then two presses of LOCK activates DWA.

The blink rate is a guide to what other conditions may exist.
No, no alarm system
If you have the Clown Nose then you have DWA. If everything is OK then two presses of LOCK activates DWA.

That did the trick ! I wasn't pressing the lock twice. Thanks for the always quick response from the forum members.
Klaus
I just press the lock button once and after about a minute the clown nose starts blinking...
Are we talking about the red blinking light on the rear view mirror? If we are I've noticed my '09 never blinks but my '06 does. Both are X3 M package. Not sure why the 09 never blinks.
Have you ever tried mimicking a break in on your car?

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk
Are we talking about the red blinking light on the rear view mirror? If we are I've noticed my '09 never blinks but my '06 does. Both are X3 M package. Not sure why the 09 never blinks.
I have not. Would that make it blink?
Have you ever tried mimicking a break in on your car?

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk
One of the best theft deterrents, these days, is to have a manual transmission ...
Reactions: dukedkt442
I don't know what will make it blink...sounds like the past owner didn't take too kindly to it blinking and removed the fuse(s).

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk
I have not. Would that make it blink?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.