BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone. We have an 08 X3 with 149000 miles. It has been relatively trouble free for the last 30000 miles. The other day I had to leave the car in a public parking lot overnight. I attempted to activate the clown nose. No go ! It used to work. The car has not been to the stealership since we have owned it, so it has not been re-programmed by anyone. How can I activate this ?

Klaus

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The clown nose, without the OEM optional alarm system, should start blinking after the doors are locked.

Do you have an alarm system?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,501 Posts
No, no alarm system
If you have the Clown Nose then you have DWA. If everything is OK then two presses of LOCK activates DWA.

The blink rate is a guide to what other conditions may exist.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the Clown Nose then you have DWA. If everything is OK then two presses of LOCK activates DWA.

That did the trick ! I wasn't pressing the lock twice. Thanks for the always quick response from the forum members.
Klaus

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
One of the best theft deterrents, these days, is to have a manual transmission ...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts