BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Clown Nose

1228 5
Is there some easy way to make the clown nose blink on a 2009 E93 ? I do not have the alarm ....

I searched the forum and found several threads but none saying the new models can do this ....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Sorry, it only works with an alarm installed.
In short, no. On the E46 there was a way to program it to blink without the alarm, but not on the E9x. There is however a mod on E90post but it involves some medium electronics work (soldering is requiring, IIRC) if you really want to do it without adding the alarm.

I just wish I could get the lock/unlock beep (and the blink would be nice). Otherwise I could care less about the other 'features' of the alarm. :(
Is there some easy way to make the clown nose blink on a 2009 E93 ? I do not have the alarm ....

I searched the forum and found several threads but none saying the new models can do this ....
I did find that thread in my search but that looked WAY !!!! to complicate for my little old brain LOL. I could not even follow the conversation much less actually do it :yikes:
Plus, even after the mod, what are you really gaining? A blinking clown nose? Might attract more attention than it serves a deterrent...
I considered wanting my Clown Nose to blink to. I found the thread for making that gizmo but for me it was also too complicated.

However a trip to Dollarama I found one of those fake security cameras that blinks a red led every few seconds. It runs off a 9v battery. I figure I can salage the guts from there and put it in the car....But then I realized I do not want to mess with that mirror cover....
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.