BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know out there the tricks to reset airbag light without reset tool? Airbags are okay, so no need to advise for check up :) I removed cluster, put it back and BAM, light on :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ehh...will dig it till I find something haha any ideas which fuse controls it? It 44, but can't figure out which one is it..

·
Registered
661 Posts
Once a code is logged into the SRS control module, it is there and until it is cleared. Removing power by disconnecting the battery or fuse will not reset it. You got good advice from Fifty150hs, take it in or if you want the ******* fix, tape over the light with black electrical tape.

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Ditto the suggestions above. There is no "driveway" or "quick" fix for the SRS/Airbag light. The reason for this light illuminating is to inform for safety reasons. If the airbag system (SRS/MRS) warning light could easily be hacked then the car manufactures would be spending billions of dollars on court cases where an owner turned off the light when the SRS/MRS system was faulted....then got into an accident and they or a passenger was injured critically or fatally...or the vehicle was sold and new owner wasn't informed and someone was injured critically or fatally...and regardless of the manufacturer being at fault...they'd good sued anyway do to not making it harder to not circumvent such a critical safety issue. :(

You have to use a tool that says it will specifically reset SRS/MRS...plus the issue that caused the fault must be repaired/fixed before the light can be turned off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no issue, have been checked with that stuff that connects and shows fails...nothing been found and been checked by mechanic and electrician, they told all works fine, it looks like I did something/touch removing the cluster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts