BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to push my clutch it will go all the way to the floor....then I pump it about 2 times and it is fine...the longer I hold it in the less pressure it has too.....any ideas?????

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Bleed your system, and check there is enough fluid.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I will give that a shot and let you know. Was wondering if maybe you think it might be a slave cyl?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
It's possible, but check the easy stuff first.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I talked to a guy at BMW today and he said my pressure plate might be going.....think he may be right or is he just trying to find a way to make money out of me?

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Well, have you checked the fluid and bled it yet? Have you looked into the slave cylinder?

Do that first. Start with the DIY things that are cheap/free. Check fluid. If it's low, top it off. Bleed the system. See if that improves things. If it does, you know it was just low/had air bubbles.

If it was low, start looking for leaks. Check the lines and the cylinders. If all is good, consider that perhaps it just needed to be topped up. If the problem returns, you should have a mechanic properly diagnose the leak.

If that doesn't work, there could be other problems with the M or S cylinders. This is getting out of my territory, though.

And to me, that does not sound like a pressure plate problem. Like I said, start with the small stuff. I have yet to have a dealer suggest an easy fix, even when that is all the problem requires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts