Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch is making a weird noise when I depress it, i.e. it is squeaking. Its very annoying but I don't notice any actual problems with the driving of the car. I only have 13K km on it. NE1 have an idea what the problem might be?

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
My boss' 1999 328 'vert does the same thing, it's eminating from the pedal itself right? IIRC there's a service bulletin out for this.

·
4,073 Posts
Lubing the bushing is a temporary fix. The squeek will come back. The stock bushing is made from 2 halves and it is undersized to make assembly at the factory easier. To really fix the problem, you need to replace the entire clutch pedal with a new delrin/teflon bushing. We've been doing this fix with the Z3 cars and it works great. It also prevents the clutch pedal from moving from side to side, which can be potantially dangerous when auto crossing, especially if you have an aftermarket clutch stop.

Read this article

I don't think Ron sells E46 clutch and brake pedal kits yet, but he may be interested in doing them for you. He is a bmwfest.com guy now.

Beefy-ass Delrin 1-piece bushing

·
10,856 Posts
Mmm... that would be nice.
What would be really nice is if someone managed to defeat the new clutch switch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts