BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I brought my car in for a test drive with the shop foreman to verify symptoms of the TSB. Unfortunately he couldn't verify any of the symptoms but he took my word for it :) Oh, and I had 49,950 miles when I brought it in for the test drive :bigpimp:

I finally had the work done yesterday and had the UUC 13# lightweight flywheel installed at the same time (0.5 hour labor charged) :thumbup:

My review of the flywheel will be coming up within the next few days for those who are interested.

Now back to the clutch, it feels totally different now!! Not bad, just different. There is no resistance in depressing the clutch and requires very little effort. I'm assuming this is due to the new pressure plate. Anyone else feel the same way?

And many thanks to this board and everyone for bringing this TSB to my attention :thumbup: Gotta love a new clutch afte 49,xxx miles and 0.5 labor for installing a lightweight flywheel!! :D

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Ben,

I love your car, but you need a new pic dude! That oil stain in the driveway is killing me. More pics, please!

·
Registered
480 Posts
RChoudry said:
Ben,

I love your car, but you need a new pic dude! That oil stain in the driveway is killing me. More pics, please!
Hahaa, LOL. Actually, that is water on the driveway. I had just finished washing the car and there is a little divet there that catches water.

I do have to get some more pics up though. Working on that. How are your clutch problems coming along? Getting any resolution?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I waited a while to see if the problem would correct itself. It actually got a lot worse and then I brought it in for TSB replacement. It worked for two weeks, then the problem re-surfaced for three days and then disappeared. The car now has 1250 miles on it and it feels fine. The same exact mileage on the initial clutch and on the replacement brought out the problem. It hjas to either be the slave cylinder system (actuator, plunger, etc..) or it is an inherent characteristic of the clutch. I hope it stays the way it is now.

Funny thing was the relationship to outside weather. It was ball hot out for a couple of days before each episode.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
RChoudry said:

Funny thing was the relationship to outside weather. It was ball hot out for a couple of days before each episode.
I agree - tempurature does seem to play a role with the clutch. The weather here recently has been cool and mostly dry - 50's in the early morning, 70's during the day. I haven't been getting the shudder nearly as much.

It seems to be the worst in hot, wet and/or very humid weather and when I run the AC all the time. I also wonder if the sticky pedal has some interaction.

But then again - isn't the clutch assembly sealed in the "bell" housing??

Anyway - congrats Jawknee on the replacement. Please keep us posted. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts