BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's fairly easy to defeat the starter switch on a pre '01 car but I have not seen a later model to assess the switch. If someone in the southland will come to the next Techsession so I can inspect the switch, we might be able to custom fabricate a small bracket to move the switch closer to the clutch arm to defeat the button in combination with an adjustible clutch stop. :dunno:

Man, one techsession just finished and I'm already gearing up for Techsession 4.0. (or is it 5.0 now?)

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,352 Posts
HACK,

I've not yet installed the Big Boy on my '02 yet. I was gonna do it myself one of these days but the way things are going these days, it'll take me forever to get around to it.

Since I am planning on being at the next tech session (I believe it'll be 4.0) to install the airhorns now that we have all the parts, I'll just wait till then for the clutch stop.

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
The HACK said:
Well, it's fairly easy to defeat the starter switch on a pre '01 car but I have not seen a later model to assess the switch. If someone in the southland will come to the next Techsession so I can inspect the switch, we might be able to custom fabricate a small bracket to move the switch closer to the clutch arm to defeat the button in combination with an adjustible clutch stop. :dunno:
I am definitely game for that. I know that on my car, the switch is completely different from the pre-'01 models. I would love to mod it so I can raise the clutch stop some more.

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
I think . . .

Eric5150 would also like to defeat the starter switch.

·
Only here to produce CO2
368 Posts
Yepper - we actually discussed this at the Eric5150/HACK clandestine Starbucks meet.;) I've got the UUC clutch bushings that I need to install, and we discussed doing that at the next HACK session (4.0 rev B service pack ii :lmao: ). IIRC the lower part of the dash on the Z3 needs to be removed to access everything, but I'll be checking Ron Stygar's site for his writeup to be 100%.

Hopefully, I'll have new rotors/pads to install then as well ~ and maybe some Ground Control rear shock mounts :dunno: depends on the cash flow and the wife's O.K.

Anyway - clutch bushings, oil change and remainder of brake line work for sure, the rest $ and significant other permitting....

Eric

G

·
eric5150 said:
Yepper - we actually discussed this at the Eric5150/HACK clandestine Starbucks meet.;) I've got the UUC clutch bushings that I need to install, and we discussed doing that at the next HACK session (4.0 rev B service pack ii :lmao: ). IIRC the lower part of the dash on the Z3 needs to be removed to access everything, but I'll be checking Ron Stygar's site for his writeup to be 100%.

Hopefully, I'll have new rotors/pads to install then as well ~ and maybe some Ground Control rear shock mounts :dunno: depends on the cash flow and the wife's O.K.

Anyway - clutch bushings, oil change and remainder of brake line work for sure, the rest $ and significant other permitting....

Eric
If you guys do the UUC clutch bushings, TAKE PICTURES. LOTS OF PICTURES.

I ordered them over a year ago and have still not installed them.

·
Only here to produce CO2
368 Posts
We'll do. I'll make sure we go slow and document step by step.. and take LTOS of pics. Keep in mind, however, that these are going in my Z3, so there may be some differences....

G

·
eric5150 said:
We'll do. I'll make sure we go slow and document step by step.. and take LTOS of pics. Keep in mind, however, that these are going in my Z3, so there may be some differences....
I have an E36, so it should be very similar actually.

·
10,856 Posts
As I recall, this ought to be possible.
I was able to shift the engagement point upward significantly by moving the... sensor thingy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts