Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Nick325, apologies for borrowing the title from your other thread...:)

After reading Michael330's experience with a new clutch stop, I was unsure of whether I should get one. So I thought about it and proceeded with a temporary and quick solution, albeit a not-so-elegant one. It involved cutting and folding up some hard cardboard strips about 1.5 by 3 inches; taped them together to get a compressed thickness of about 1-1.5 inches; then finally duct-taped the whole thing to the back of the clutch pedal arm that comes into contact with the stock clutch stop, and voila! A shortened clutch throw after only 5 minutes!

The car starts fine, and I'm beginning to really like the shortened throw now! Now if only the shfter's throw can be shortened so easily!!:p

·
5,820 Posts
visor said:
then finally ducttaped it to the back of the clutch pedal arm that comes into contact with the stock clutch stop, and voila! A shortened clutch throw after only 5 minutes!

Duct tape solves many problems.

·
10,856 Posts
Doesn't it feel a bit mushy?

(And you're certainly welcome to steal my thread title. ;) )

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
No, it doesn't feel mushy if the cardboard is compressed together real hard prior to installing. Come to think of it, it actually has a bit better shock absorption than the stock one!

(And thanks! :D )

JohnLew, Oh and now that I think of it, this thread should be renamed to "Clutch stop duct-tape fix." :)

·
10,856 Posts
You could always throw a bandaid on there for effect. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts