OMGWTFBBQ
12,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
***EDIT 3/13/05***

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!

SCCA National Tour
San Diego, CA
Qualcomm Stadium
March 12 & 13 (test & tune Friday, March 11)

Details

Undercard: Andy vs. Raffi in Raffi's DSP 330Ci.
Winner: Andy (by approximately 6 seconds)

Main Event: Clyde vs Stuka in Stuka's woefully underprepared E30 325is.
Winner: ·clyde· (by approximately 14.5 seconds)

***END EDIT***

TeamM3 said:
yeah, I've seen plenty of these tracker guys all hyped up on themselves for being an instructor and such a good driver, they come to a Pro Solo or National Tour autox event and get their ass handed to them on a bloody stick, then suddenly they decide to go back to track to drive for fun and talk sh1t with their buddies while bemoaning about how it sucks to sit around at an autox for 6 hours to get 3 minutes of seat time :rolleyes:

typical BS day at the track:

"that autox is for the birds"

"yep"

"uh-huh"

"Itellyawhatman, werentnofungittinmyazzhandedtomeonabloodystick, nosireebob"
Stuka/Andy/Butthead...

If one of you is willing to venture down to San Diego for the weekend of March 12 to do the SCCA National Tour event and let me codrive one of your car (either the TT or the E30), I'll pay your entry fee, give you food and a nice place to stay with a swimming pool. We can video tape and data log all of our runs each day. After the event we can compare and you can instruct me on how I missed all my turn entries, apexes and track outs.

You up for it? :dunno:

·
Registered
590 Posts
TeamM3 said:
typical BS day at the track:

"that autox is for the birds"

"yep"

"uh-huh"

"Itellyawhatman, werentnofungittinmyazzhandedtomeonabloodystick, nosireebob"
As one who does both and enjoys both, I've noticed that only the terminally insecure feel compelled to knock autox. The fast guys, usually, just drive and enjoy.

·
Poseur
461 Posts
BahnBaum said:
My guess is that Ripken gets paid for whether they use it or not. Less than 30 cars by my count. Timing didn't work, so it was done by stopwatch. Another short course on a decent sized lot.

BTW, my neighbor asked me if I read the article about Ripken autocross in my local paper about a month ago. (I missed it). He said the article said they were going to stop using it for autox because of the wear and tear to the surface. :dunno:

Alex
The article is false. We at NCC have lined up the lot for two events this summer. We just need to write them a check. Philly SCCA has reserved their spots, as have TARA and PCA. Ripken is BOOKED SOLID for the summer now. No available dates once we book ours.

Ripken does have a new policy by which they will not allow any new clubs to hold events there. NCC was allowed an exemption because of our references.

The drifters have been told to go elsewhere - there will be no more drifting events at Ripken :thumbup: The issue with them is they left garbage everywhere, were racing up and down the neighborhood roads nearby and generally being reckless. One of them rolled his car on the I-95 entrance ramp while racing a friend. :eek:

John V

·
Poseur
461 Posts
·clyde· said:
But D1 is the future of the SCCA. :rolleyes:
Pro drifters use the stickiest, stiffest sidewall rubber they can find. I do not know why. What I do know is that there is a possibility that the price of R-comps could drop as the volume goes up.

Long live drifting! :rofl:

Never been to a TARA event, never plan to, but just statin' the facts, man.

JV

·
This side up.
580 Posts
·clyde· said:
Stuka/Andy/Butthead...

If one of you is willing to venture down to San Diego for the weekend of March 12 to do the SCCA National Tour event and let me codrive one of your car (either the TT or the E30), I'll pay your entry fee, give you food and a nice place to stay with a swimming pool. We can video tape and data log all of our runs each day. After the event we can compare and you can instruct me on how I missed all my turn entries, apexes and track outs.

You up for it? :dunno:
Hey, I'll take you up on that. If you pay for my entire weekend (food, room, entry fee, expenses, etc.), I'll drive down since I've never tried the autocross thing. Let me know.
Ken

·
My TARDIS is a BMW
5,469 Posts
liuk3 said:
Hey, I'll take you up on that. If you pay for my entire weekend (food, room, entry fee, expenses, etc.), I'll drive down since I've never tried the autocross thing. Let me know.
Ken
Let us all know.... I'd pop down with the other LA folks just to watch clyde take on stuka!

·
DHP pwns ZHP :p
7,047 Posts
liuk3 said:
I'd also want to watch that as well. But truth be told, I just wanted to go for free. :D
:rofl:

SCTS Field Trip! :bustingup

Oh... I like tracking and auto-x... I just prefer tracking more. Each has it's own challenges/benefits. Just my .2 cents. :)

1 - 20 of 381 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.