Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Code 005F03
Since i bought this 2006 E60 530xi two years ago, there has been a brake pad indicator light on. The pads were fine and i only just got around to changing the sensor when i did new pads this weekend. When i changed the sensor, the housing coming of the car kind cracked, and pieces fell off i managed to make the new sensor fit, but i cannot reset the service warning about needing new pads on the rear (i could for the front). The code msg includes "rear axle wear limit, rear axle brake pad limit, valve supply voltage too low, CAN message error too low". Im thinking the most likely culpret is the connector for the sensor has to be replaced, but i suppose the problem could also be upstream. Suggestions for trouble shooting this. Also, is this a part i need to get from the dealer?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Other than the sensor connection, the parking brake can not be engaged while resetting the service indicator.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,944 Posts
The issue is a worn sensor or bad connection.

If the connector on the car side is broken, the easiest route would be to cut off the connector and solder the wires together. This will trick the car into thinking there's always a new wear sensor, fixing your codes.
I'm not sure how deep into the car the other end of the sensor wire goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts