BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone might be able to help me figure out what this code is specifically referring to. I recently got an airbag indicator light, and after running a scan of the error codes, it returned the following codes:

04 airbag, passenger stage 1
OC airbag, passenger stage 1

I haven't been able to find anything referring to these codes specifically, does anyone have any experience with these codes? Any help is genuinely appreciated!

-Thanks,

Oz

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
That airbag was a Takata recalled airbag. Did it get replaced. I did not look up codes or anything, but first thing that popped in my mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That airbag was a Takata recalled airbag. Did it get replaced. I did not look up codes or anything, but first thing that popped in my mind.
I only found out about the airbag recall today, but with that said, I haven't taken it to a dealership to have the airbags replaced.

I plan on calling a dealer during the day tomorrow to find out if my vin is on the list. If you happen to have a good resource for checking what those codes mean please let me know, I would be grateful.

I am thinking about a replacement occupancy sensor, but I want to make sure what I am dealing with before I spend more money. :)

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
That could be it too. You might be better off with used seat from a recycler.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,516 Posts
If you don't care to do the dance with the dealer,,,
you may want to take a chance and purchase a seat from the bone yard. I've done both...each way is a pain...it takes TIME!

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you don't care to do the dance with the dealer,,,
you may want to take a chance and purchase a seat from the bone yard. I've done both...each way is a pain...it takes TIME!

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k
Thanks BimmurBrother, that is on my checklist, along with the belt tensioner! And thanks to everyone else who responded for their suggestions. Nothing I have tried has worked, so at this point I may have to subject myself to the dance with the dealer.... I feel imminent pain forthcoming.... :)

*side note* I had actually called a local dealer to see if they might help me identify the code.... The tone of the person on the phone dropped, and he was a real snob after I told him I pulled the code with my own OBD II.... After he talked to me like a simpleton, he suggested that a BMW code reader will be more precise.... Made it sound as though I had done something dirty lol *sigh* Dealerships....

·
BeeemerBro
5,4,6 BMW X3 All...196K +
3,516 Posts
Thanks BimmurBrother, that is on my checklist, along with the belt tensioner! And thanks to everyone else who responded for their suggestions. Nothing I have tried has worked, so at this point I may have to subject myself to the dance with the dealer.... I feel imminent pain forthcoming.... :)

*side note* I had actually called a local dealer to see if they might help me identify the code.... The tone of the person on the phone dropped, and he was a real snob after I told him I pulled the code with my own OBD II.... After he talked to me like a simpleton, he suggested that a BMW code reader will be more precise.... Made it sound as though I had done something dirty lol *sigh* Dealerships....
Thats about it! The tipical bmw dealership experience

06 X3 199k
05 X3 181k
04 X3 162k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts