BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 530I. Got these codes (06,19) from my Peake analyzer. Fuel injector and ignition coil cylinder 1. Replaced coil and all new fuel injectors. Then read a thread about the CVV and the test which was remove the oil filler cap and car idle changes or runs rough, CVV should be replaced and all connecting hoses. Just finished that job and it was a lot of work. Inspected the intake boots and all looked good. After all this, problem is exactly the same. Car does not really run badly. Have noticed a slight shake at idle but still very little. Remove the oil filler cap and runs rough at idle. Did this test on my wife's X3, 2006 and hers runs worse with the cap removed and has an injector valve code. Hers starts very rough sometimes and smooths out mostly after driving but has lost gas mileage.
Looking for some ideas and how indicative is the oil cap removal test of this or other problems?

· Seek to understand,^Value
25,378 Posts
how indicative is the oil cap removal test of this or other problems?
Better to invest in a few ounces of water and a spare clear hose to measure manifold vacuum ...

- How to test the crankcase ventilation (aka CCV, CVV, PCV, CPV, & OSV) pressure regulating valve system (1)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.