BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Code P1343 cyl 1 misfire with fuel cutoff.

2672 Views 16 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Ben22101
I have a 2003 530i 3.0 6 cyl throws code P1343 while tuning the a/c. The temp gauge is ok, never deviates from center. Happens when I accelerate. The light comes on and the motor goes into a limp type mode, still runs, just poorly. In about 15 minutes or so it runs better but not 100 %. If I reset the code it runs ok but not perfect. Any help.....please!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
What is P1343? Sorry, but I have never taken the time to memorize all the P-codes.

I apologize. The definition is in the title! D'oh!
I apologize for not including the code translation.

I have a 2003 530i 3.0 6 cyl throws code P1343 while running the a/c. The temp gauge never deviates from center. Happens when I accelerate. The light comes on and the motor goes into a limp type mode still runs just poorly. In about 15 minutes or so it runs better by not 100 %. If I reset the code it runs ok but not perfect. Any help.....please!!!!

check your voltage....

you get a misfire when the ac is turned on.. is what i took from this..
Ok thanks, I have a storage scope that will monitor voltage variations. I just bought the automobile for a good price $3500 including tax and title. She's in pretty good shape, most bells and whistles and 108k miles. Plus pretty darn fast for a strait 6! Other than oil haven't done much but now that winter is coming, going to get serious. Drive the truck during the snow keep her in the garage.

Connect a smart battery maintainer. If you take it out on dry, sunny days, run it at least 20-30 miles. DO NOT start and run in place.
why is this ed?

Ive been doing this for 7 years now
DO NOT start and run in place.
The battery is new but I tried that, same result. I can reset the check engine light and it goes away for a while.

Connect a smart battery maintainer. If you take it out on dry, sunny days, run it at least 20-30 miles. DO NOT start and run in place.
Check test your alternator. Make sure the battery is fully charged.
The battery is new but I tried that, same result. I can reset the check engine light and it goes away for a while.
It's my belief that it's worse to run in place than drive it. Driving gets everything up to operating temp and drives out any moisture, esp in the exhaust system.
why is this ed?

Ive been doing this for 7 years now
agree... that driving is good.. but when your car does not touch road salt

letting it run in the garage for a hour or 2 does the same thing...

until the fan cycles @ least
Taking a trip to Carlsbad, California for a much needed vacation. We’re driving at night cus we couldn’t sleep! So far so good but she doesn’t like how my wife drives her.

Ok so now it’s coming back on but I am able to reset it with my Fixd. I bought it in the internet and it works good.

Yes and no.

Thank you, I tried but same result.

Issue fixed! I’m not sure exactly what fixed it though. I replaced the spark plugs and coils. I also cleaned the throttle control valve and the anti diesel valve (?). I was going to replace the CCV but decided I would try these first, there were no symptoms of it being bad. Now it runs great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.