BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 bmw 750i. I recently took out the mechatronics sleeve and replaced it with a new one however when I tried to start the car up it wouldn't even start and the r n d light keeps blinking...I read the code and it said p320D

It's possible that I didn't latch on the gear latch correctly because I was watching a video on YouTube and his latch actually moves back and forth clicking as he moves it. Mines just slide forward and back and doesn't click.

ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1474651455.730573.jpg

https://youtu.be/rJw7RWGl0Qw

Anyone know the correct way to install the latch on a 2006 bmw 750i?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like you didn't slide the electronic shift lever in between the linkage. This is a pretty good article on the subject. Should help you out. Can't take credit for writing it but it's accurate.

Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks I really appreciate the workbooks. I'll keep you updated on the car. Hopefully this will allow the car to turn on. Any idea why there's the p320D code?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks everyone!!! Car now cranks on and The blinking r n d lights are no longer blinking. But actually when I drive it there is this loud metal clunk noise when it goes back and forth from d to r and from reverse to drive. Is that a sign of not enough transmission fluid? Or am I in need of a new transmission? Anyone ever heard this loud clunk noise before?

·
2010 F07 550i
120 Posts
I'm glad you got it going again and it was as simple a sensor not pushed in. As far as the clunk, it could be your fluid that's low and engine revs on higher rpm's or it could be the Guibo. How does it drive on the road, how's shifting, any noise?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe it is the Guibo joint that need to be replaced but I've been a little sceptic about doing the installation. I have the part now though. Thanks. I was going to ask you about this other problem...so i need the car to pass smog. It fails the catallic test and the o2 sensor test as well. But I noticed that sometimes it passes and sometimes it fails. And there is no check engine light. My dashboard lights come on after driving on the freeway and after a few days of being parked it goes away. But comes back on when the car is on the freeway.

The idrive says parking brake malfunction, transmission fault, pdc, tire pressure monitor, air bag, etc.

But goes away after being parked for a few days. Any idea y.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey i have a 2006 bmw 750 li . I recently changed my transmission sealing sleeve due to being torn and unable to swift,and went back to park. Trouble P17e1 code After a new oil pan an new oil. I got p320d code I check the swift selector is was center. what sensor could it be ?
Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts