Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Own a 2013 328i E93. Just bought a Foxwell BMW Code Reader and did a automatic scan. Two faults showed up.

The first was Flexible Bus Interface. It read AAOE/Not Present CBXECA Software Reset.

Does that mean it was a fault in the past and the software has been reset?

The second was DWA Anti-Theft Alarm System. It read 9DOO/present. DWA DWA Bus

Can anyone tell me what that means/

Thanks for the help. This is the first time I ever used on of these things.

·
Registered
3/2007 328xi E91
2,927 Posts
Own a 2013 328i E93. Just bought a Foxwell BMW Code Reader and did a automatic scan. Two faults showed up. The first was Flexible Bus Interface. It read AAOE/Not Present CBXECA Software Reset. The second was DWA Anti-Theft Alarm System. It read 9DOO/present. DWA DWA Bus
http://bmwfault.codes/

Did Foxwell provide either:
1) Definitions of the codes other than what you list?
2) an "Owner's Manual" containing code definitions?
3) an Online site where you can enter the code and get some decipherable Definition (as above ;-) ?

IF NOT: I call BS on that -- charging consumers money for a device that just gives "pseudo-data" that is meaningless without some additional Definitions or Interpretation that the device and Vendor Support does NOT provide.

If you have a Windows 10 laptop, I would suggest getting a K+DCAN cable from BimmerGeeks and getting a free download of INPA (BMW Standard Tools) from BimmerGeeks Web Site, links provided on attached E9x References. Even though the code Definitions are in German, you can enter the German in Google Translate and get reasonably accurate translation of the technical terms into English. Some degree of technical knowledge is required for any meaningful diagnostics, but if you list the codes here, someone can help you.

So, if you endured the rant to this point, FORTUNATELY there IS a Website that gives you a Definition and some background information when you enter any BMW Fault Code, or P-code. Just make sure you enter your Engine & Emissions Country info, as well as the code, BEFORE clicking on "Search." Here is that site, and it is included in the attached "E9x References" pdf:
http://bmwfault.codes/

I just heard about that site for the first time today, and so the attached pdf is updated to include that as the third link. Entering your two codes in that site's Code Search yields the following:

AA0E | CBX-ECALL: Software reset | cecallr | Combox emergency call | View

9D00 | DWA: DWA BUS | dwa_63 | antitheft alarm system
9D00 | DWA: Communication fault with siren | dwa_e65 | antitheft alarm system
9D00 | FZD: Emergency-power siren: communication fault | fzd_70 | Roof function centre

So your first code relates to the Combox Emergency Call capability, and my SWAG is that either your account for that functions has expired, and/or the software has been reset to cancel that feature.

The second code relates to the Anti-theft Alarm System. I don't have an alarm and know nothing about the wiring of that system, but which of the three possible definitions is applicable depends upon WHAT MODULES you have installed in your vehicle (which INPA would tell you using Functional Jobs). If you have "dwa 63", then the fault is a Bus communication error, quite possibly just a transient "hiccup" that may NOT recur.

I assume you have NO warning lights appearing on the instrument cluster, and NO performance issues with any component? If so, just record ALL information in ANY screen in Foxwell (just take a photo of the screen and save as a jpg if Foxwell has no provision for saving data) and then CLEAR the two codes and see if they return.

Pseudo-tech!?!?! :tsk:
George

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much. I really appreciate your help. I will follow-up on your suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts