Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tell me what this diagnostic code means: Code D6121-000000-01-901

We’ve had a spell of very cold weather and I kept getting messages to start the engine to recharge the Battery or to drive farther. I’ve had th dealer check the electrical system for faults, alternator, voltage regulator etc.. They said the battery tested fine as did everything else. All still under the warranty at no charge but I found this code on the the invoice. I’ve read a lot about the need to use one of the CTEK smart chargers in the X-3 if you do a lot of shorter trips and use the heated seats etc. Which we’ve been doing in this -22 Celsius weather.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
So, from where did you get ***8220;Code D6121-000000-01-901***8221;? A general purpose search engine (not G00gle) did not find THAT code, but that format comes from Autel Maxicheck. I hope that your dealer is not using some alternative code reader.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Came from the BMW dealers invoice. I’ll call them today Doug and ask what it is and what they use to scan.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Came from the BMW dealers invoice. I’ll call them today Doug and ask what it is and what they use to scan.
A DTC code does not identify a failed part to change but a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments that may bedifferentiated by execution of a BMW Test Plan© guide through the fault tree. Consider that a component error may be caused by a broken wire a meter away at the ECU.

Autel Maxicheck does not have access to BMW Test Plans©.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Doug, I always learn something new from your posts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts