BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone codes p0736 and p0741 have come on can a low battery cause codes ?
If the key is left in the ignition when the car is off for a short time recharge battery flashes up BMW 745i 2002

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello I have same car and had the same issue but easy fix go to dealer and buy the bmw Motercycle battery charger and take positive wire off and charge battery after done drive your car with no lights or radio and if possible no heater or a.c. this will reset the battery due to the safety feature your car should shut systems down at 9 volts

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have found that the amount of power the car uses when just opened will drain the battery very quickly - I no longer open the car unless I am going to drive it and I put a charger on if I want to do any work to it or even hoover it !
you may be wise to get a new battery and get it registered correctly as a low battery (or incorrect battery) causes many errors and problems!

·
where da clutch at ?
BMW 128i Convertible E88 N52B Executive Package
2,782 Posts
majority of BM's go into standby mode for at least 30 minutes, so yes there will be a greater drain

1 - 4 of 4 Posts