Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to code 5AR - Extended Traffic Jam Assistant in UK spec G20 spec car which has Driving Assistance Professional?

Apparently this isn't available on UK spec and all we get is 5AU with traffic Jam Assistant.

Can it be done?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think it can be done. You can code 5ar easy enough but it never activates, at least not on the G05, probably because the car checks the mapping data and geolocation.

I have every drive assist feature available globally active on my car, unlocked using various methods, except this one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think it can be done. You can code 5ar easy enough but it never activates, at least not on the G05, probably because the car checks the mapping data and geolocation.

I have every drive assist feature available globally active on my car, unlocked using various methods, except this one.
When you say
I have every drive assist feature available globally active on my car, unlocked using various methods, except this one
which features do you have?

If you do have the coding for 5AR, could you share it and i can give it a go.

·
Registered
123 Posts
All of them.

1. automatic Speed Limit Assistant - not available in all regions
2. Traffic Light Assistant with urban cruise control
3. Give Way Warning and Wrong Way Assist - all features active (only part active normally in UK)
4. Advanced Drive Assist pro - with better bend and lane management than std
5. Emergency lane formation on highways
6. Highway exit assistant - helps move the car off the motorway semi-automatically
7. Hands free all roads, all speeds
8. Auto Lane Change Assistant - not available all regions, wasn't available in the UK when I got my G05

I've posted coding for 1, 3 and 8 on the other forum but you probably already have 1 and part 3. The others I'm not publishing until BMW release the features formally for the G05 and its been tested thoroughly across regions.
7 I'll never publish but the info is already out there.

For 5AR you can either add it to your FA and VO Code HU_MGU and SASx, or FDL:
SASx\C_HOO_Vorhanden standby/no_standby - choose one of these, dont know the differences as it never worked for me, but later build versions use standby so go with that
HU_MGU\LENKASSISTENT_DCS gen_1

Reminder this is tested on G05, and doesn't work :) Suspect if you dropped your vehicle in NA with the above coding, it would work fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got most of the features that you mention apart from one that i would like and that's number 6 and appreciate you showing the code for 5AR but i'm not the confident in adding to the FA and VO i've never done it before and worried that i might damage something.

I will wait unit someone see this and does a dummies tutorial on how to code it :)

Thanks again

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've got most of the features that you mention apart from one that i would like and that's number 6 and appreciate you showing the code for 5AR but i'm not the confident in adding to the FA and VO i've never done it before and worried that i might damage something.

I will wait unit someone see this and does a dummies tutorial on how to code it :)

Thanks again
I gave you the VO Coding and the FDL coding. You can do either. There is no other alternative for coding, other than perhaps bimmercode but thats effectively FDL coding.

You have Traffic Light Assistant that stops the car at traffic lights?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry... i'm very new to this so i wasn't too sure what FDL or VO coding is.. I will code it via FDL and see what happens.

No i do't have TLA enabled.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just tried to code it and i couldn't find SASx\C_HOO_Vorhanden standby/no_standby managed to find HU_MGU\LENKASSISTENT_DCS gen_1

·
Registered
123 Posts
What are you using for coding?

You need to be in diagnostic mode or have the engine running to view SAS ECU, is using launcher pro or esysx

BimmerCode won***8217;t work on SAS at all

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm using launcher pro and i had the car in diagnostic mode.

Can you confirm once connected to the car and after ready the VA and ECU then there should be a SASx module and then it's C_HOO_Vorhanden standby/no_standby

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm using launcher pro and i had the car in diagnostic mode.

Can you confirm once connected to the car and after ready the VA and ECU then there should be a SASx module and then it's C_HOO_Vorhanden standby/no_standby
It's not called SASx. It will be SAS2 or SAS3 depending on i-step but anything named similar to SAS. You didn't confirm if its the code you cannot find or the ECU/cafd?

This is an ECU for the G05, though I expect the G20 to be the same as it's also an S18A.

No idea if LP has mappings for SASx on the G20 for your i-step. Lots of the mappings were wrong when TM last mapped them so even if C_HOO is a code for the G20, it might not be displayed correctly in esys due to old/bad mappings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Found SAS2 and changed C-HOO details... thank you for your help... just need to find a traffic jam now :)

·
Registered
Bmw X7 3.0D 2019
2 Posts
All of them.

3. Give Way Warning and Wrong Way Assist - all features active (only part active normally in UK)
6. Highway exit assistant - helps move the car off the motorway semi-automatically
8. Auto Lane Change Assistant - not available all regions, wasn't available in the UK when I got my G05

I've posted coding for 1, 3 and 8 on the other forum but you probably already have 1 and part 3. The others I'm not publishing until BMW release the features formally for the G05 and its been tested thoroughly across regions.
7 I'll never publish but the info is already out there.

For 5AR you can either add it to your FA and VO Code HU_MGU and SASx, or FDL:
SASx\C_HOO_Vorhanden standby/no_standby - choose one of these, dont know the differences as it never worked for me, but later build versions use standby so go with that
HU_MGU\LENKASSISTENT_DCS gen_1

Reminder this is tested on G05, and doesn't work :) Suspect if you dropped your vehicle in NA with the above coding, it would work fine.
eaglesrest, You've done a lot of work to make all these functions work. And you are absolutely right that you do not lay out the encoding of those functions that can greatly affect security like TLA, hands free all road, all speeds.But maybe you can lay out Advanced Drive Assist Pro encodings, if this function works normally, as ASLA. since this will increase the safety of passing turns. In the standard version, the car turns very bad, very dangerous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
All of them.

Hi eaglesrest, I wanted to shoot you a PM regarding all those assistants, however I'm not able to for some reason. Could you maybe send me a PM so I can ask you something regarding this topic?
Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It would be nice if you ask on the forum so we can all see. Might be interesting to some people!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It would be nice if you ask on the forum so we can all see. Might be interesting to some people!!
It's just a question regarding some coding including some private information that I don't want to share publicly, sorry

1 - 16 of 16 Posts