Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coding done:
* Remote closure of roof using key fob - without 3rd party modules
* Alarm beep when unlock/lock (including options in iDrive)
* Video in motion (confirmed working with DVD movie :) )
* Windows up using remote
* New language options in iDrive
* Entertainment as starting screen for iDrive
* Seat heater sliders (not that they do much)
* Auto folding side mirrors (with remote when locking/unlocking)
* Disable dimming of DRL (LED halo bulbs no longer dim during daytime)
* Aux enable (still waiting for cable, but now it will be plug and play)
* Brake application when starting car (turned off the brake pedal requirement but turned it back on again for safety reasons.)
* Removed haptic feedback from iDrive controller, allowing for smooth and continuous scrolling of long lists of MP3s etc
* All lights as "flash to pass" (full xenons, halogens and spots)
* Seat occupancy mat reprogram, passenger side, to eliminate SRS errors and warning
* Cleared all adaption data from the transmission

Coding Abandoned:
* Bluetooth coding (tried all variations of the coding but still not getting anywhere and lost the function of the built in phone. Re-coded the modules and now my phone works again and I will just stick to having a second sim for the car.)

Coding to be done:
* Angel Eyes only as DRL

Here is a video of the roof in action:
645ci Remote Roof Operation

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hugo,
When you say "cleared all adaptation data from transmission", do you mean you did the normal transmission reset procedure, or is there something in one of the modules that you coded?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think the normal procedure with the fuel pedal etc is the same as this one. I did the clear using INPA which clears all adaption data from all modules.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Very nice Hugo!

Couple of questions, what values did you change to do the Close Top with Fob and the removal of Haptic Feedback for Idrive controller?

The video in motion setting will get everyone excited, but that is not available on U.S. vehicles. We can only do that here with a hardware solution line Modmynav.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice Hugo!

Couple of questions, what values did you change to do the Close Top with Fob and the removal of Haptic Feedback for Idrive controller?

The video in motion setting will get everyone excited, but that is not available on U.S. vehicles. We can only do that here with a hardware solution line Modmynav.
Are you sure about the video on motion? If you want to you can PM me your CAPPL trace file and I will have a look.

To remove the haptic feedback from the controller I changed the iDrive controller type from "high" to "low", also in the CAPPL. Will post the exact line coding this weekend.

For the remote operation I changed two lines of code in the CVM, ohne_komfort_schl_fbd and ohne_komfort_oeff_fbd to nicht_aktiv

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Are you sure about the video on motion? If you want to you can PM me your CAPPL trace file and I will have a look.

To remove the haptic feedback from the controller I changed the iDrive controller type from "high" to "low", also in the CAPPL. Will post the exact line coding this weekend.

For the remote operation I changed two lines of code in the CVM, ohne_komfort_schl_fbd and ohne_komfort_oeff_fbd to nicht_aktiv
Thanks, I would love to see those lines. My Wife has the car so I can't pull my trace file until later, but it has been discussed before, the U.S. vehicles do not have Video In Motion. Everytime someone wants to add a DVD or Iphone input some tells them "enable the VIM", only to find out it isn't there.

I will look at the CVM module later, hopefully it is something that is available in my car. There are subtle differences between Euro/U.S. spec cars that it stuff doesn't always work out to be the same!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Nice job hugo_za. I love that remote top operation. We can only drp the top here with the remote but cannot put the top up with it. There are some thrid party solution but if this can be coded that would be great.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I would love to see those lines. My Wife has the car so I can't pull my trace file until later, but it has been discussed before, the U.S. vehicles do not have Video In Motion. Everytime someone wants to add a DVD or Iphone input some tells them "enable the VIM", only to find out it isn't there.

I will look at the CVM module later, hopefully it is something that is available in my car. There are subtle differences between Euro/U.S. spec cars that it stuff doesn't always work out to be the same!
Either way if you could send me the trace file from ncsexpert i will have a look and we will know for sure.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice job hugo_za. I love that remote top operation. We can only drp the top here with the remote but cannot put the top up with it. There are some thrid party solution but if this can be coded that would be great.
I was considering a third party module hence my joy and excitement when i coded the car this morning and it worked. You can pm me your trace files if you want and i will have a look.

The senior tech for BMW SA told me this morning that i have a better knowledge And understanding about the system than what he does...i just had to go showing off :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's an 05 right? Didn't think the side mirrors could be made auto like that. Why would they even be disabled to begin with?

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
That's an 05 right? Didn't think the side mirrors could be made auto like that. Why would they even be disabled to begin with?
The mirror factory programing is weird. My 2012 F10 528i was not programed for the mirrors to fold automatically either.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I was considering a third party module hence my joy and excitement when i coded the car this morning and it worked.
The SmartTop allows a one button push to put the top up or down. This way it's hold till done.

Smarttop =$400.00 + serious installation and programing. :eek:

Key Fob =$0.00 :thumbup:

I'll use the $400.00 for other mods :rofl:

·
Registered
170 Posts
The mirror factory programing is weird. My 2012 F10 528i was not programed for the mirrors to fold automatically either.
So weird, a 2012 like that. But didn't even think the 05 had a motor to move them. Through the car wash, they always pop back out with no resistance. And I live in the city, so constantly folding them in to park, gets annoying. My dealership still owes me free BMW rubber winter mats. Haven't called back to see if they got them in a while. So when I go out there, going to see if they can code that on for me.

My dealership is great like that though. It's pretty far out of the way, but will never buy a BMW anywhere else. They know how to do business, treat people right, honest, fair. The one close to me is totally horrible. Went in there for my 1st BMW years ago, looked at a decent CPO car, the sales guy basically insulted me when I tried to haggle the price. "We don't do that here, the price is the price, you have to pay for quality, if you can't afford it go somewhere else." Just ridiculous, the guy was an idiot. I guess he thought I was too young to buy a 30k used car. I went to the other dealership, got basically the same car for 7k less. To be fair, the service/parts department is outstanding at the dealership close to me though, always quick with the nice loaners too, was just that one sales guy that turned me off. Anyway, had a point in there somewhere before my off topic rant lol, they will probably code the mirrors for me if it can be done and free mats!

Interesting codes though Hugo. Would love the folding mirrors obviously and remote windows up. I don't think the halos are LED on the 05, never seen them dim during the day either. I've seen them as daytime running lights, but I think the inner halogen bulbs are the factory DRL's on the 645, since they never turn on. I thought they were the highbeams at first, like in my 00 328. But like the DRL's off anyway. Would want them on if they were the F12 style though. The alarm beep on/off is an option in the iDrive.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Folding mirrors is an option of some type, it is not on many 6'ers. I think it is standard on the M6 though. Those guys complained about the lack of auto-fold mirrors and that was one of the first things that they all coded when they learned how.

Unless your car has the button to fold the mirrors right by the window up/down buttons you just have the standard old pull fold, then push and snap back mirrors.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Folding mirrors is an option of some type, it is not on many 6'ers. I think it is standard on the M6 though. Those guys complained about the lack of auto-fold mirrors and that was one of the first things that they all coded when they learned how.

Unless your car has the button to fold the mirrors right by the window up/down buttons you just have the standard old pull fold, then push and snap back mirrors.
It is an option. It's included with some of the packages too. You are correct there is a small momentary button on the drivers door window panel that controls it. When folded they go back to normal position at about 5mph.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Interesting codes though Hugo. Would love the folding mirrors obviously and remote windows up. I don't think the halos are LED on the 05, never seen them dim during the day either. I've seen them as daytime running lights, but I think the inner halogen bulbs are the factory DRL's on the 645, since they never turn on. I thought they were the highbeams at first, like in my 00 328. But like the DRL's off anyway. Would want them on if they were the F12 style though. The alarm beep on/off is an option in the iDrive.
No idea why the option for folding is disabled. As for the alaram beep no bmw locally has its factory acoustic enabled so the options in the idrive are not there unless you code them in. The guy at bmw told me that the fuction was not available here because our cars lack the hardward. Them again he also told me that the 6 does not support mp3. Lol.

My halos are led now and i have managed to increase the brightness but still not happy with the result so just leaving them alone for now. 2 years to go untill i buy an f12 anyway :)

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Since you have an '05 you do not have any coding options for turning on DRL, or using Angel Eyes rings as DRL, or changing the dim options for Angel Eyes. If you want to do any of that you have to upgrade your Light Module to LM2 which is the control module that is in '07 and newer cars.

The inner bulbs are flash-to-pass lights that only come on when you pull the stalk towards you.

I was considering a third party module hence my joy and excitement when i coded the car this morning and it worked. You can pm me your trace files if you want and i will have a look.

The senior tech for BMW SA told me this morning that i have a better knowledge And understanding about the system than what he does...i just had to go showing off :)
I PM'd the CAPPL and CVM files.

In my CAPPL trace, let me know what you find for Video in Motion.

I tried changing the CVM code lines you listed, one was already nicht_aktiv, so I changed the other to that setting also. It doesn't work unfortunately for me. The CVM file I sent is the man file I wrote back into the car.

From everything I have read Euro-spec cars can have comfort close but U.S. cannot, even with coding. If we could disprove that I would be tickled! What button are you holding down on the FOB in order to close the top, is it the lock button? Your key fob looks nothing like mine.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Since you have an '05 you do not have any coding options for turning on DRL, or using Angel Eyes rings as DRL, or changing the dim options for Angel Eyes. If you want to do any of that you have to upgrade your Light Module to LM2 which is the control module that is in '07 and newer cars.

The inner bulbs are flash-to-pass lights that only come on when you pull the stalk towards you
Thanks Tampa, was wondering what the inner bulbs were for, figures its the flash-to-pass, only thing I couldn't check!

Didn't know that about the DRL's either, but not a fan of the pre LED ones. Finding out that the 05 gets the short end on a lot of things, but still more options than the 04.

When I 1st decided on a used 6, told myself the 07 or later. Kept checking my dealers website, then a cherry 05 was sitting there and just wanted to get in the car ASAP, even without the sport package/ other options I wanted. Still have no regrets, zero problems so far, runs great, single owner. But now that I'm used to it, it's the little things I'm missing that makes me wish I waited. Such is life, going to enjoy it for like 2 years or when the F12 hits my price range. Dreaming of a frozen bronze, cream interior F12, just wish they didn't change the rear/trunk styling so drastically, still love that look.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Thanks Tampa, was wondering what the inner bulbs were for, figures its the flash-to-pass, only thing I couldn't check!

Didn't know that about the DRL's either, but not a fan of the pre LED ones. Finding out that the 05 gets the short end on a lot of things, but still more options than the 04.

When I 1st decided on a used 6, told myself the 07 or later. Kept checking my dealers website, then a cherry 05 was sitting there and just wanted to get in the car ASAP, even without the sport package/ other options I wanted. Still have no regrets, zero problems so far, runs great, single owner. But now that I'm used to it, it's the little things I'm missing that makes me wish I waited. Such is life, going to enjoy it for like 2 years or when the F12 hits my price range. Dreaming of a frozen bronze, cream interior F12, just wish they didn't change the rear/trunk styling so drastically, still love that look.
I hear you, I am in the same boat, my 2006 also is missing some of the extra's that started in 2007.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Many of those coding options have been posted on the net for years. Just have to look around at what 3, 5, and 7 series guys have done. A lot of the lines are the same across the board. Convertible top up, mirrors, etc are comfort options.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts