BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dislike that every time I drive that the door locks engage since when I get out of the car and want to\ get something out of the passenger side I have to unlock the door.
Using the coding guides I tried to use this programming setting to disable that behavior:
Disable Auto-Locking of Doors once begin driving
3000***61664;DOOR_LOCK_AFTER_DRIVING_AWAY
set to: nicht_aktiv

But that setting was already set to nicht_aktiv so I am stumped as to how to disable that functionality,
Is there a better setting that fixes this on the i3?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good question. In my i3 if I go to:
Main Menu/settings/Doors-key there is an option called Automatic relock.
I have that option unchecked as it was the first thing I tried. It would make sense that the coding option I targeted is the same one but if so what is the real one that actually does control the doors from locking as you drive away?

While I'm on the subject of doors, I don't like having a double-beep when I unlock the doors and would prefer to only have a beep when the doors are locked. That is called Acoustic signal for lock/unlock in the i3 iDrive settings. Is there a coding parameter to separate those beeps?

Thanks,
Rick

·
Premium Member
46,912 Posts
Strange. Exx and Fxx cars have iDrive setting to specify Auto Lock of Driver's Door only or All Doors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.