BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First post here! I have been checking these forums for info for a couple months now. Back on Thanksgiving I bought my first BMW. A 2015 335i Luxury Line. Love it. Decided to get a VGate and Bimmercode to take care of a few things I noticed I wanted...

My problem stems from wanting to put the digital speed in the instrument cluster. I used regular ole bimmercode to do it, no expert mode. I do have a heads up display, but with sunglasses on the display is invisible. So i wanted something I could glance at quick since my wheel is adjusted to basically block my spedometer otherwise...

As you can see from the pic (did i upload right??) 20190106_162403.jpg , the digital speed is way off... It seems accurate up to about 20mph then totally is off by a mile... Any idea why this might be??

Side note...
I heard that you can code to add things to the heads up display... Does anyone have info on that? Secondly, does anyone know how to get the mirrors to fold without a push and HOLD of the lock? Id rather just click and be done. Lastly, does anyone have the coding to get easy seat access (where it moves back and forward as you get in and out of the car...)

Thank you guys so much in advance for any info.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
You need non-polarizing sunglasses to see the head up display.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use Carly for BMW and when you code in the digital display it has a few settings in it having to do with the speed. I think the options are true speed, corrected speed and it has a custom correction that you add or subtract what you want from the digital. I’m not familiar with what you are using, sorry. But I believe that is why the digital is off its on the wrong setting. And with those settings for digital speed it seems to be different for each car because mine works one way and 5 friends of mine with BMWs that can be coded with the digital speedo every one of them needing different settings. Idk why but is what I started doing is code them then drive and recode if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting... Yeah the picture i had on my post im going 60 mph and it is wrong by over 30mph.... Ill have to look into that and im sure it is in the Expert mode of bimmercode which i am totally unfamiliar with. Ill have to seek some extra assistance with that...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, Ill have to get some I guess... Gotta sacrifice the eyes a bit.
Just make sure you keep the UV filtering. Polarizing helps with glare... but then again, consider that for pilots generally non-polarized is required for the same reasons, including the viewing of the glass cockpit!

·
former motorcycle rider
766 Posts
LOL, OP, I do believe that you are looking at the average MPH display, not the actual MPH speed.

·
Flying monkey herder
8,164 Posts
LOL, OP, I do believe that you are looking at the average MPH display, not the actual MPH speed.
i'm pretty sure this is what the OP is looking at.
the digital speedometer doesnt show 10ths of a mph iirc.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Interesting... Yeah the picture i had on my post im going 60 mph and it is wrong by over 30mph.... Ill have to look into that and im sure it is in the Expert mode of bimmercode which i am totally unfamiliar with. Ill have to seek some extra assistance with that...
Definitely the AVG MPH u show in picture (when properly added, the digital speedo line does not appear with the small speedo icon to the left....just the MPH). Also, expert function is not needed in bimmercode to code this. Just to state the obvious, are you sure you pressed CODE after u selected ACTIVE in the "digital speed in board computer" function?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

First post here! I have been checking these forums for info for a couple months now. Back on Thanksgiving I bought my first BMW. A 2015 335i Luxury Line. Love it. Decided to get a VGate and Bimmercode to take care of a few things I noticed I wanted...

My problem stems from wanting to put the digital speed in the instrument cluster. I used regular ole bimmercode to do it, no expert mode. I do have a heads up display, but with sunglasses on the display is invisible. So i wanted something I could glance at quick since my wheel is adjusted to basically block my spedometer otherwise...

As you can see from the pic (did i upload right??) View attachment 834995 , the digital speed is way off... It seems accurate up to about 20mph then totally is off by a mile... Any idea why this might be??

Side note...
I heard that you can code to add things to the heads up display... Does anyone have info on that? Secondly, does anyone know how to get the mirrors to fold without a push and HOLD of the lock? Id rather just click and be done. Lastly, does anyone have the coding to get easy seat access (where it moves back and forward as you get in and out of the car...)

Thank you guys so much in advance for any info.
I just drove mine and didnt pop up, I think we watched same guy on YouTube to code. He said some of the stuff takes days before it shows, so I wonder if that's what it is.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts