BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, can someone explain to me that when coding with inpa the fuel injectors where do you get the new values to put. I don't see any values on the new injector I brought.2001 bmw 330ci convertible n54.Thanks

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
M54... Per last thread...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
coding injectors

Hello, I see it's an m54, but I still need to find out when using inpa where do they get the need values to put in for the injector. Thanks

·
Registered
7,529 Posts
I could be wrong but don't think the injectors in the M54 have to be coded. On the newer engines (N gens) they have to be coded / mapped - same with battery registration. Again, I could be wrong, but if I'm correct, it would explain why you're not seeing the option in INPA.

Why are you replacing the injectors. Not a common failure item on these cars.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Changing the injector

Hello, I am changing injector number 5 because I have a misfire in cylinder 5. I have changed the coil pack and the spark plug and also moved the coil to another and still have the misfire. I used bmw scanner 1.4.0 and get a code f2[242] misfire cylinder 5, misfiring with cylinder cutout (misfire CARB_A) misfiring during warm up worsening. Thanks

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,571 Posts
Why are you replacing the injectors. Not a common failure item on these cars.
Are there no more likely suspects, “the usual suspects,” than injectors? ECU / wiring?

Making it ‘rocket science’, there is a lot of troubleshooting, verification, and differential diagnoses before changing the rocket engine. Don’t fix what ain’t broke lest one fix until ‘broke’.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coding injector

Hello, I hear what you're saying. I figure I would change the injector first to rule out that. I don't know how to check to see if it's the ecu, any suggestions on how to find out if it's the ecu would be helpful. Thanks

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,571 Posts
A DTC error code does not identify a part to be changed but a symptom that may be caused by any number of failed components or adjustments to be differentiated among by execution of a BMW Test Plan© guide through the fault tree of possible problems. Yours is the perfect example where the fault may be the ECU wiring a meter away from the injector.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts