BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On previous Verts, my wife could open/close the roof with her key fob, She is unable to do so with this one. I looked around both on the forum and in E-Sys and cannot find if it can be coded. Any help is appreciated.
Tx

·
Achtung! Hochspannung!
2018 i3, 2020 Arcimoto FUV
1,484 Posts
Does the car have comfort access installed? Without it you cannot comfort open/close the windows or roof of the vehicle.

If it does, you should be able to open the windows/top with the key fob. However, closing it was deleted as of 3.54.x software. I assume it can be coded back on in later software versions with ESys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the car have comfort access installed? Without it you cannot comfort open/close the windows or roof of the vehicle.

If it does, you should be able to open the windows/top with the key fob. However, closing it was deleted as of 3.54.x software. I assume it can be coded back on in later software versions with ESys.
Thanks, No it does not have CA, but I think that it can be coded on the FOB. It presently does everything else, i.e. open/close windows and mirrors.
Tx

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
Interesting, her previous 428 could action the roof with the fob. I wonder what changed?
As I wrote, in F-Series car it is not codeable. In E-Series car it was. What changed is the entire car architecture and its installed ECU base.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As I wrote, in F-Series car it is not codeable. In E-Series car it was. What changed is the entire car architecture and its installed ECU base.
I get that, but her previous 428 was a F series and her fob worked for the roof. I understand it might not be codeable, but it was there. This is why I wonder why it is not on her new car.

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
I get that, but her previous 428 was a F series and her fob worked for the roof. I understand it might not be codeable, but it was there. This is why I wonder why it is not on her new car.
She has gone from one 428i Convertible to another 428i Convertible?

Was she original owner of last car?

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
Was her old one a 2013/2014?

See the bulletin below.
Interesting but I think that applies only to Comfort Access Door Ridges, and not Key Fob.

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
Would not prevent it from opening however.

OP, does it not open or close from the remote?
I think too it applies only to Close. OP has no Open nor Close.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
She has gone from one 428i Convertible to another 428i Convertible?

Was she original owner of last car?
Yes from one 428 to a newer one. And both brand new, so original owner

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
Yes from one 428 to a newer one. And both brand new, so original owner
No idea. I have never seen nor heard of anyone with an F12/ F23 / F33 that has had Top Open or Close from factory, nor via Coding.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I just today coded a brand new F33 (ECE version). It had comfort access and there was no problem on opening or closing the roof with remote control.

I also have not heard about F33 that has the remote roof functions but no comfort access. I though have heard about early E93's that could be coded for these functions even if there was no CA. Later software update disabled this possibility. Maybe something like this going on here?

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
I just today coded a brand new F33 (ECE version). It had comfort access and there was no problem on opening or closing the roof with remote control.
Factory coding or you coded it?

·
Premium Member
40,327 Posts
Factory coding.
Maybe on newer builds BMW AG has added / enabled it.

But then I am not sure then how SI B61 16 15 from Sept 2015 fits into this. It seems it was implemented to avoid warranty repairs to the convertible top components, so that would not be a regional thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No idea. I have never seen nor heard of anyone with an F12/ F23 / F33 that has had Top Open or Close from factory, nor via Coding.[/QUOTE

No issue, thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts