What is Included
- Software Overview and Requirements
- Latest Software Links & Installation Instructions
: URL Links are in BLUE and pictures are links to larger images.
: Click here
for Getting Started Guides, Tips, & Cheat Sheets
1. Software Overview and Requirements
This guide serves Fxx, Ixx, and Gxx-series vehicles. For E-series, different software
and cable are used. Complete Software & Interface Overview
Supported Chassis Code Overview
2. Software Installation
- Windows 7+ Computer.
- E-Sys = Main Coding Software
- PSdZData Lite(~2.5 GB) = ECU Data Files. Works for VO & FDL Coding.
- Bimmer Utility = Provides License (ie Activation), FDL-Coding mapping, Cheat Codes (Section 7), & other optimization.
- Connection Interface = ENET Cable (OBDII to RJ45 Ethernet) or ICOM. For computers without an ethernet port, you can use USB-to-ethernet adapters
: Links never
change. The latest versions are usually found below.
E-Sys - Install Instructions - v.15.pdf
- Add a comment to the thread if links down or you need newer versions
(Guide courtesy of member Shawnsheridan)
- Mapping 4.35.42
- Only and recommended solution
- Auto-updated and supports the latest mapping for the most accurate coding experience
- Purchase directly from the developer's website.
- E-sys 3.39.1 - Used with Bimmer Utility or alone for Programming and VO coding.
(~2.5 GB) WORKS FOR ALL FDL CODING & VO CODING
- Use this guide to determine your I-Step.
- You only need one lite version for coding that is equal to or greater than your I-Step.
- NOTE: If you get a "Not Found [C012]" error when "Read Coding Data," it is time to update.
- Do NOT merge. DELETE old PSdZData folder & REPLACE w/ new PSdZData folder.
- NCD / CAFD: Read *.ncd files offline and easily search for a function, viewing current settings as well as other options
- NCD Compare: Load *.ncd files using Folder icons or drag & drop and then the far right button initiates compare. Popup showing Left vs right values which you can highlight and copy if you choose. It also highlights *.ncd trees differences in red & you can scroll up and down.
- Decrypt CAFD: not just for CFDs. It also works for other Psdzdata files (eg FAFP).
- FA / FP: viewer; tool includes mapping (eg 430 Inter Exter mirror anti dazzle). You can search loaded FA or entire FAFP (ie available options). FP viewer allows you to view options by Vehicle Profile (FP) without loading FA (Vehicle Order).
- FA Compare: like #2, but comparing fas.
- FA-CAFD: You load individual ECUs *.ncd and can see how FA additions will affect (ie "what-if).
- SVT-CAFD: You load the entire saved SVT file and see how FA changes will affect (ie "what-if).