BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
4201 - 4220 of 4274 Posts

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Hi there,
Does anyone have the latest ISTA/P (not ISTA+ or ISTA/D)? Because i have to program/code only one specific ECU and my Coding Section in ISTA+ wont work because i have
changed my HU a while ago... :confused:
Wrong thread for ISTA. And this is for an E-Series car?

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Oh, sorry... No for a F20, but it should work with ISTA/p or not?
No. ISTA/P is ONLY E-Series Programming. All other Programming is ISTA+.

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Sadly the Programming Section in my ISTA+ installation wont open/work properly... But in this Video (
)
he shows how to program/update certain ECUs with ISTA/p on a F10 as well. I would give it a try, so i would be really thankful if you PM me ISTA/p
You don't seem to understand. The Video shows Programming an F10 with ISTA/P 3.64.0 (I-Level F010-17-11-520), which is ISTA from November 2017, which is almost 4 years old.

It used to be:

ISTA/D = Diagnosis E/F/I/G Series
ISTA/P = Programming E/F/I/G Series

Since ISTA 4 (4.01.1x), it is

ISTA+ (aka Rheingold) = Diagnosis E/F/I/G Series & Programming F/I/G Series (requires ISTA SDP Files).
ISTA/P = Programming E-Series

The latest ISTA, which you asked for, is 4.39.25. It is impossible to Program F-Series car with latest ISTA.

It's most likely your ISTA+ version does not include the SDP Files, so you are capable of only Diagnosis and not Programming. You need ISTA+ with SDP or flash ECU with E-Sys and PSdZData Full.

Reactions: Basti934

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Hi, what an amazing forum!
Could you send esys, psdzdata, laucher and the token generator links please?

best regards!
PM sent.

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts

· Registered
88 Posts
Hi all, I have not done any coding for around 2 years and feel a bit lost. I was wondering if you can confirm if the steps are still correct to code my '21 F40?

I have Esys-x 3.27.1 along side ispi host admin (I believe this signs the application or creates the est token??).. I'm able to launch both apps with no problem and Esys-x launches without any warnings about missing token.

Do you think I can just grab the latest PSDZ data and code as normal? (I have my instructions still for FDL coding). I remember I had to use Esys-x as the files did not map correctly in the other version.

Can anyone confirm? And please send me the latest psdz lite data?

Thanks very much!

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Hi all, I have not done any coding for around 2 years and feel a bit lost. I was wondering if you can confirm if the steps are still correct to code my '21 F40?

I have Esys-x 3.27.1 along side ispi host admin (I believe this signs the application or creates the est token??).. I'm able to launch both apps with no problem and Esys-x launches without any warnings about missing token.

Do you think I can just grab the latest PSDZ data and code as normal? (I have my instructions still for FDL coding). I remember I had to use Esys-x as the files did not map correctly in the other version.

Can anyone confirm? And please send me the latest psdz lite data?

Thanks very much!
Should work. PM sent.

Reactions: akz_g

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Hi Shawn,

could you send me esys with launcher and psdz (lite) data. my coding is deleted due to dealer update :(. My current i level is f056-22-11-550. Thanx
PM sent.

· Premium Member
47,773 Posts
Hi, I'm looking for all that's required to update 140i idrive 5 to idrive 6 and activate full screen CarPlay, Could you advise. Much appreciated
PM sent.

· Registered
11 Posts
Hi.
I've downloaded Esys and psdz lite but not sure which launcher to go for. There appears to be one called Bimmer Utility and one called Launcher Pro? Is there any preference or do I need both applications? Grateful for any advice. Thanks.

4201 - 4220 of 4274 Posts