BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, ive recently took out my egr and now EML light has came on. So how do i code out the egr?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
138 Posts
The M54 does not have an external EGR valve, it has internal EGR, and cannot be removed. What you removed was the secondary air valve used to heat up the cat quickly during cold start up. The secondary air does not effect the engine power at all, and turns off after the cat is warmed up.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I don’t believe EGR can be coded out with INPA. You’ll have to remap the DDE with a professional tune. Might be easier just to reinstall the EGR.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
The M54 does not have an external EGR valve, it has internal EGR, and cannot be removed. What you removed was the secondary air valve used to heat up the cat quickly during cold start up. The secondary air does not effect the engine power at all, and turns off after the cat is warmed up.

OP’s engine is a diesel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pre cat o2 sensors

So I got an after markers header after my cats went bad but my headers only had one bung at the bottom which is where I connected the foulers and my post o2 sensors but now I just have my pre cat o2 sensors Zip tied off to the side for the time being and I***8217;m not sure what to do to fix it. If you have any suggestions lmk. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts