Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone tried to code my rear lights to stay on like drls but now I've a warning saying right and left rear light failed anyone any ideas on how to reset it

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,495 Posts
Not I. Like the Hippocratic Oath, First Do No Harm.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Yes, I have mine coded that my angel eyes as well as rear lights are on all the time. Anytime the car is running, I have front and rear light on. I have had it this way for 2+ years and I used the Carly app to re-program the car.

Hi everyone tried to code my rear lights to stay on like drls but now I've a warning saying right and left rear light failed anyone any ideas on how to reset it

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah when I tried to code mine it didn't work but gave me a fault code saying left and right rear light failed trying to clear that fault anyone any ideas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I used bimmercode in expert mode changed the settings from just Halo rings to Halo rings and rear lights ece... nothing happened only this fault came up...

·
Registered
739 Posts
It's worth noting that there are BMW option codes for front and rear DRLs. VO coding the options in instead of FDL coding every little tweak could be an easier way. I don't know if you can explicitly VO code with any of the apps.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I used bimmercode in expert mode changed the settings from just Halo rings to Halo rings and rear lights ece... nothing happened only this fault came up...
I would go back in and reprogram again. I don't think you need to be in expert mode to apply those settings on Bimmercode. This should be a straight forward change.

·
Hitdog540
366 Posts
I just bought the OBDLinkMX+ and Bimmercode and changed a few things on my '15 550. Directionals in HUD, auto mirror folding when I lock the car, and various other settings...nothing too major yet, none in expert mode. Why it's such a secret as too what's available is a mystery and if not for this forum I'd be unaware. Same goes for my '03 540/6 which I still have. Anyway, it was enjoyable and may look at other changes. Thank you to all and I would advise looking into it. Customize your ride!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I see that you used Bimmercode. That allows you to reset the ECU back to original. I believe that option is at the upper right of the app in a pull down menu.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Every time you use Bimmercode, before any coding, Bimmercode automatically takes backup of the current state of coding and stores it as "backup". If you look for backups from within the Bimmercode app you will see all the backups listed by date - you can simply revert to the backup with good state. (It would be a good idea to save those backups to a more permanent backup location such as your computer or cloud for future)

Additionally, IIRC, Front & back DRLs can be coded from the regular mode without needing to go into the expert mode (atleast thats how it showed on my car). I think it was in the Footwell module - gives options within the DRL submenu for front only, front & back US & Europe (don't know what is the difference between US & EU though. ) I think this is where you can set the intensity of the front rings as well....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts