BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
das auto ist schnell
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a "no-line" 335i with the following setup:

2015 335i Sedan | Imperial Blue | Oyster Leather | Premium | Driver Assist | Dinan Stage 1

I can select Sport mode but not Sport +

A coding vendor says you can code a no-line F30 to enable Sport +

Has anyone done this and what was the result?

Thanks.

Snade

·
Registered
468 Posts
You should definitely do it. Shifting will be faster and you the traction controls are less conservative than in normal "sport" mode, allowing you to press more power through turns without being limited by the traction control. However if you are driving down the edges of a mountain road you might want to stay in "sport". I drove Angeles Crest in the rain the other day and I probably would have taken a dive if I'd stayed in sport +.

Here are a few other things I had coded:

-Windows up/down with key fob
-Replaced disclaimer with msport display on start up
-Brightened angel eyes
-Tire temps displayed with pressure
-Launch control
-Digital mph display
-Sports display (hp/tq)
-Removed the seatbelt chime
-Removed amber lights from angel eyes (except on turn signal)
-Paddles shifting coded for msport wheel

Good luck!

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
To my knowledge, Sport + has no effect on shifting, but I could be mistaken.

You should definitely do it. Shifting will be faster and you the traction controls are less conservative than in normal "sport" mode, allowing you to press more power through turns without being limited by the traction control. However if you are driving down the edges of a mountain road you might want to stay in "sport". I drove Angeles Crest in the rain the other day and I probably would have taken a dive if I'd stayed in sport +.

Here are a few other things I had coded:

-Windows up/down with key fob
-Replaced disclaimer with msport display on start up
-Brightened angel eyes
-Tire temps displayed with pressure
-Launch control
-Digital mph display
-Sports display (hp/tq)
-Removed the seatbelt chime
-Removed amber lights from angel eyes (except on turn signal)
-Paddles shifting coded for msport wheel

Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts

2015 335i Sedan | Imperial Blue | Oyster Leather | Premium | Driver Assist | Dinan Stage 1

Thanks.

Snade
Sports transmission is what you really want.

·
Registered
468 Posts
For a car without sport+, in order to add sport+, you will need to code 2TB; sport auto transmission.

From my understanding coding this results in faster shifting, so for someone who doesn't yet have sport+, doing this would improve shifting.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
For a car without sport+, in order to add sport+, you will need to code 2TB; sport auto transmission.

From my understanding coding this results in faster shifting, so for someone who doesn't yet have sport+, doing this would improve shifting.
Since you have your car coded don't you know if it shifts faster?

As Michael stated it does not shift faster between sport and Sport+ It just enables launch Control and disables tractions control.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

·
Registered
4,941 Posts

Thanks.

Snade
I was under the impression that all 335s have the sport transmissions do you have paddle shifters? our GT came standard with the sport transmission.

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
2TB (Sports transmission with paddle shifters, $500) was an stand alone option for all MY2015 335i. It became standard in MY2016.

·
das auto ist schnell
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I was under the impression that all 335s have the sport transmissions do you have paddle shifters? our GT came standard with the sport transmission.
I do not have paddle shifters.

Driving in Sport mode with the Dinan Stage 1, I am pleased with the power and aggressive shift points.

Just want to confirm if anyone with a similar no-line 335i has coded Sport + and felt an improvement in performance.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Again, the difference between Sport and Sport+ mode is that traction control is disabled in Sport+ mode. If by "improvement in performance" you are referring to "seat of the pants" feel when you romp on the gas pedal, then no you will not feel an improvement in performance.

Really, no offense intended, but you don't seem to be understanding what this means; based on that, I suggest (strongly) that you should not be driving in Sport+ mode (leave the traction control alone).

·
Registered
468 Posts
Since you have your car coded don't you know if it shifts faster?

As Michael stated it does not shift faster between sport and Sport+ It just enables launch Control and disables tractions control.
Yeah, once I coded sport auto (2TB) shifting became faster and has a slightly different sound.

And you're right, shifting is the same in sport and sport+. What I'm saying is the shifting changed for all modes of driving once sport auto (2TB) was coded.

Not sure if sport auto is standard in no-line 335s, but it isn't in no-line 320s and 328s. If you bring it to a coder, you will find out. Plus, coding it was very cheap and I got a lot of others goodies as well.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Yeah, once I coded sport auto (2TB) shifting became faster and has a slightly different sound.

And you're right, shifting is the same in sport and sport+. What I'm saying is the shifting changed for all modes of driving once sport auto (2TB) was coded.

Not sure if sport auto is standard in no-line 335s, but it isn't in no-line 320s and 328s. If you bring it to a coder, you will find out. Plus, coding it was very cheap and I got a lot of others goodies as well.
Are you reading the post in this thread, the transmission does not shift faster being coded. My 320 was coded for 2TB, I have not seen "faster" shifting. Our GT has the paddle shifters, just a waste of time really.

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Are you reading the post in this thread, the transmission does not shift faster being coded. My 320 was coded for 2TB, I have not seen "faster" shifting. Our GT has the paddle shifters, just a waste of time really.
Interesting. I actually "de coded" 2tb on my f10 because the shifts were too jerky in sport mode (fast but overkill). The transmission shifts much smoother now. So in my experience there is more to "sport auto" than just paddle shifters.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Interesting. I actually "de coded" 2tb on my f10 because the shifts were too jerky in sport mode (fast but overkill). The transmission shifts much smoother now. So in my experience there is more to "sport auto" than just paddle shifters.
Funny you bring this up, I too have this issue in sport driving around town, in both of our cars, I have learned to drive it so it's jerk as much.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Maybe the shifting difference is more pronounced in my car due to the bolt ons and tuning? It has a different character to the way it grunts on shifts now -- I was totally surprised when I drove off after coding it. It was the last modification I did and I love it.

Check out this link about sport auto tansimisson (2TB):

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1138452

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Thanks.

Snade
Who is doing the coding for your 335? Is it remote coding? I also have a baseline F30 (328) with Dinan 1.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2TB coding

Hi All

I have a few questions and some i may know the answer too already..

I have a 2016 420D, on a lease from Lex Auto.. i wanted to code the 2TB option to get the sport+, as i don't currently have it, although i can move the shifter left and get the S1-8 gearing.

Is it as simple as change FA from 205 to 2TB and re-code as described above?, as i don't have the paddles on the steering wheel and don't want it to flag errors.

Also from a bmw perspective for service etc, is it safer to recode 205 back before handing it in? Also does any one have any experience of the Warranty aspect of this too? as i don't want a huge bill if BMW say to Lex its not covered under warranty any more due to the coding, especially as the Transmission will be expensive if it goes wrong?

Thanks in advance

Neil

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2014 320i and when I push the shifter to the left I get S1-S8, but I don't have paddles or Sports + mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

1 - 20 of 25 Posts