BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked my dealer to change codes for mirror folding etc. they tell me they are limited on these settings. I am trying to use my courtesy personal settings to get some of the options changed. Are they bsing me or can they change anything on the code list? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Asked my dealer to change codes for mirror folding etc. they tell me they are limited on these settings. I am trying to use my courtesy personal settings to get some of the options changed. Are they bsing me or can they change anything on the code list? Thanks.
I'd be surprised if they would do any coding. They are afraid of any possible liabilities.

You can do it yourself (it looks intimidating at first but it is pretty easy), or there are peeps here that will do it for a fee...

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
No, they can not code ANYTHING on the code list. The only thing the dealer can code is, for 2013 and older cars that do not have the auto start / stop setting set to "remember last setting" the dealer can change that setting.

That is the only one... period. They are telling 100% of the truth.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's really not that hard. It's all free except for a cable that's 10 bucks off ebay. Once you figure out how to download the software, it's just changing various drop downs to which settings you want. I'd definitely recommend it - I get 2 compliments a week when my mirrors close upon locking :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
I'm 70 years young and learned how to code. Still PO'd at BMW for constantly protecting us from ourselves and refusing to let us have all the hidden features out the dealership door. :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts