Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am new to Bimmerfest and this is my first post in this forum so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before, which I'm sure it has.

I have a 2006 E60 BMW 530i which I am looking to increase more power to since the low end throttle is a bit underwhelming and also to maybe improve gas mileage a bit.

Ive done a fair amount of research but can't seem to find the right answers so I figure this is the best place to ask.

With that being said, does anyone have suggestions or information for a cold air intake install unit and how to go about properly installing it? Have you guys seen results from doing so? Do you recommend doing this to get the effect of more power to the car? If not are there other solutions?

I look forward to all answers and response!

Thank you.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,461 Posts
You should have an air intake hose to the front of the car / engine sucking above the radiator. See www.NewTIS.info. Cold air intake is pretty obvious for BMW Ultimate Driving Machine engineers to miss.

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,215 Posts
Hello!

I am new to Bimmerfest and this is my first post in this forum so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked before, which I'm sure it has.

I have a 2006 E60 BMW 530i which I am looking to increase more power to since the low end throttle is a bit underwhelming and also to maybe improve gas mileage a bit.

Ive done a fair amount of research but can't seem to find the right answers so I figure this is the best place to ask.

With that being said, does anyone have suggestions or information for a cold air intake install unit and how to go about properly installing it? Have you guys seen results from doing so? Do you recommend doing this to get the effect of more power to the car? If not are there other solutions?

Thank you.
You don't need anything. Cold air intake isn't what it used to be before modern cars with sensors. Modern cars have sensors (MAF, O2) which regulates how much air in taken in. The intake will open more if it needs to based on how much it needs.

·
Registered
995 Posts
You don't need anything. Cold air intake isn't what it used to be before modern cars with sensors. Modern cars have sensors (MAF, O2) which regulates how much air in taken in. The intake will open more if it needs to based on how much it needs.
These cars are already equipped with cold air intake. The box is sealed and air is supplied directly from the outside. There is still room for play if more air can be supplied and proper tune is performed. The same goes for V8 guys.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I agree here. Stock airbox wouldn't be a noticeable problem till you're making far more HP than N52 makes stock, IMO.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hello!

Thank you.
Take a look at aFe cold air intake. It, supposedly, produces best numbers due to the canonical shaped filter that's fitted inside the sealed air box. You may also want to look at your intake manifold and note which one is fitted on your N52 engine. It may very well be that you have the Low Output manifold and could gain a lot by upgrading to the High Output manifold. Have a look and report back. I'm interested to see how you can maximize your N52 horsepower.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts