BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 330i with heated seats and have noticed the right side of the driver seat & left side of the passenger seat stays cold. Any suggestions on correcting this problem.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Dealer

Try taking it to the dealer to figure it out,they are pretty good at that.
good luck
vern
PS Sounds like one side of the heating eliment is not hooked up on each side of the seat.

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Heated seats, retrofit or aftermarket install?

Are the components that go in the seat which make it heated put into every seat? Similar to the way every car is pre wired for a phone and CD changer? And that when you order heated seats as an option, all you really get over someone who didn't choose this option, are the switches to turn them on?

If that is in fact the case, can heated seats ( or the switches) be installed, giving a car that previously didn't have heated seats....HEATED SEATS ?

-DM

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Re: Heated seats, retrofit or aftermarket install?

Daniel said:
Are the components that go in the seat which make it heated put into every seat? Similar to the way every car is pre wired for a phone and CD changer? And that when you order heated seats as an option, all you really get over someone who didn't choose this option, are the switches to turn them on?

If that is in fact the case, can heated seats ( or the switches) be installed, giving a car that previously didn't have heated seats....HEATED SEATS ?

-DM
Hmmm...interesting question. There's a wire underneath both my front seats. What are these for? If they're for the heated seats, that I'd love to know how to hook'em up. But I'm also thinking the wires are safety features in some way....

·
TMS Grand-AM Cup Crew
457 Posts
Re: Heated seats, retrofit or aftermarket install?

Daniel said:

-DM
emailed my service advisor and she replied with this :

I know it cost like $700.00 for heat seats to be installed. I believe
the
seats are prewired you do have to install the button.

However, I also called another dealership near me and asked them the same question. They told me that you had to order it with the car, it was not something you could add.

An easy way to check would be to see if there are different part numbers for sport seats w/ heated seats option and sport seat w/o heated seat option.

-DM

·
-The Mouth-
861 Posts
I have asked my service people at Towne and they told me that there are NO elements in the very side bolsters of the seats... (poor positioning of the elements) If you have sport seats you will notice the "cold draft" even more because the sides are bolstered better...... I hate it when I take a corner and my thigh gets cold.... its just a design flaw and I have learned to squeeze my legs together until the ambient temp in the car reaches room temp.:thumbdwn: :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts