BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More on the way, but thought this would be a good start. Seen on a Skoda in the Czech Republic.
Translation, roughly: "When I grow up I want to be a BMW"

Attachments

·
Powder Days
1,998 Posts
Skoda??!?!?!?
I remenber trying to get parts for these S*** vehicles in the late 50's working in the parts department. We used to joke that this would be the reason the Russians would lose the Cold War. Sort of the Czech equivalent of the Trabant.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
:rofl: More like "I want to be a BMW in my next life"

smokeminside said:
More on the way, but thought this would be a good start. Seen on a Skoda in the Czech Republic.
Translation, roughly: "When I grow up I want to be a BMW"

·
Beemedobleve
235 Posts
X3 Skier said:
Skoda??!?!?!?
I remenber trying to get parts for these S*** vehicles in the late 50's working in the parts department. We used to joke that this would be the reason the Russians would lose the Cold War. Sort of the Czech equivalent of the Trabant.

Cheers
SKODAs are pretty popular here in Germany it seems. On our way from Munchen to Berlin yesterday (on the A9), we saw a whole bunch of Skodas, going pretty fast too. They have interesting model names also, such as OCTAVIA and FABIA. We saw so many that I thought they might be as desirable as VWs of BMWs. Maybe it is just that they are more affordable?

·
John Firestone
2,913 Posts
bechego said:
SKODAs are pretty popular here in Germany it seems. On our way from Munchen to Berlin yesterday (on the A9), we saw a whole bunch of Skodas, going pretty fast too. They have interesting model names also, such as OCTAVIA and FABIA. We saw so many that I thought they might be as desirable as VWs of BMWs. Maybe it is just that they are more affordable?
Both. Skoda has been part of VW for a few years and shares components and engineering.

·
Registered
324 Posts
X550-ED said:
:rofl: More like "I want to be a BMW in my next life"
:rofl: good one

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay, here are the first few pics....

We left Honolulu on Thursday night, June 8, and got into Frankfurt on Saturday morning, June 10, with a 7 hour layover in SF in the middle of it all. The first day in Langen, a suburb of Frankfurt, we spent trying to stay awake as long as possible by playing in the sun...it actually worked pretty well, and we were fairly rested for our first day trip on Sunday, to Darmstadt and Bensheim.

1. And we're not even off the ground yet...
2. 9 hours left and going strong (SFO-Frankfurt)
3. Welcome feast from our friends the Schindlers
4. Darmstadt sights
5. Ditto

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts