BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide whether to get cold pkg or just heated seats. Can you fold rear seats without the cold weather pkg?

Thanks!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Never mind guys - just checked E92 ordering guide and coupe comes with fold down seats even without cold weather pkg. So the question is, headlamp washer + ski bag > $250?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you actually have a need for the Skibag? If not then I would say go for just the heated seats.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't ski so def no skibag needed. So i guess it's whether the extra couple hundred is worth having the retractable cleaner... For now, I am just getting the heated seats. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I dont' like headlamp washers. There's rarely a use for them, and all that they do is dirty the fenders on the car when used.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wait, did you guys get a ski bag for those that ordered the CWP? I did not receive one on my E90 and I ski quite a bit in the winter. Forgot to ask.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks! Haven't folded down the rear seats yet! :rofl:

anolin said:
the ski bag is 'hidden' in the removable pass-thru cover

·
Registered
614 Posts
quackman said:
I dont' like headlamp washers. There's rarely a use for them, and all that they do is dirty the fenders on the car when used.
Ditto. If I ever have the need to use my windshield washers I will make sure my headlights are off (so I don't generate a bunch of questions--that's when the headlamp washers operate). Around here too (NorCal) there isn't much use for them and they would just mess up the front of the car.

·
Registered
473 Posts
quackman said:
The fluid is heated to remove snow and ice from the headlights.

It's not too clean the headlights.

That's why it's part of the cold weather package.

Definitely get heated seats.

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
quackman said:
And you seem to need to fill up on fluid twice as often. Wish I had not got them.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Finamir said:
Thanks! Haven't folded down the rear seats yet! :rofl:
I don't use this often, but am glad I have it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
sbkim said:
I don't ski so def no skibag needed. So i guess it's whether the extra couple hundred is worth having the retractable cleaner... For now, I am just getting the heated seats. Thanks
I thought Jennifer skis? :confused: I guess I was wrong.:bigpimp:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ditto. If I ever have the need to use my windshield washers I will make sure my headlights are off (so I don't generate a bunch of questions--that's when the headlamp washers operate). Around here too (NorCal) there isn't much use for them and they would just mess up the front of the car.
So, if I understand you correctly; if I want to clean my windshield but not the fenders, side mirrors and hood, I should make sure my headlights are off?

What if they are off, but the headlight on switch is set to auto?

·
Registered
71 Posts
My car was just about to go into production with CWP when I went to the dealer and tried out the headlight washers. The are a joke and just throw washer fluid everywhere ... especially at any speed above 25 mph.

I dropped the CWP and just got the fold down and heated seats ... plus it saved me around $25.:)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am trying to decide whether to get cold pkg or just heated seats. Can you fold rear seats without the cold weather pkg?

Thanks!
I only ordered the heated seats since I don't ski and think that the washers are stupid. Now if the Cold Weather package came with heated steering wheel, I woulda got it.

·
Confessed Bimmer Fanatic
728 Posts
I only ordered the heated seats since I don't ski and think that the washers are stupid. Now if the Cold Weather package came with heated steering wheel, I woulda got it.
Heated steering wheel is awesome! If I had to choose one or the other, I'd actually take the heated steering wheel over the heated seats.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
I believe split folding rear seats come standard on the coupe; its just the skibag you get as part of CWP along with other things. I wish they'd include heated steering wheel as part of the CWP.

Unless it snows a lot where you live and/or you leave the car outside, just get heated seats. I have CW on my X3, and the headlamp sprays only help when snow accumulates on heavy snow days. Otherwise they dirty up the area and waste a whole lot of washer fluid. My fluid tank is never full cuz of its excessive consumption; in fact the low-level light is on often in the winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts