BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently Colgan doesn't make one for the 4.8. Has anyone tried the 4.4 Colgan on a 4.8. I realize the lower valance on the 4.8 will not be covered but was wanting the rest of the front to be covered for this one road trip.

Colgan wasn't sure but they thought the straps might not fit properly:dunno:

Thanks for the help

·
BMW Fanatic
619 Posts
Colgan bra will hide your beautiful 4.8. Get the 3M clear bra from www.xpel.com. I have that on entire front end of my 4.8 from day one. You cannot tell its there till you look up-close Its has saved the paint on several occasions.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the clear on my other vehicles, agreed, pretty nice stuff. The problem I'm facing is taking delivery at the Performance Center. I would have to find someone close and deal with the extra time it would take before we left.

How long did it take for your install? Any brand preferences?

Thank you

·
BMW Fanatic
619 Posts
It took around 3-4 hours. I got everyting you see on this page plus the door edges and sills. They had used 3M film by Xpel. You can find a local SC dealer on their website. I had the colgan bra once and on long distance highway driving in rain, some dirt and water got in between and rubbed against the paint and messed up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts