BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people:thumbup:

How do you in the States collect a car in Germany? I've read several posts about drivers collecting and how do you get home again??:confused:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Suggest you take a look in this forum... http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

The principle is pretty simple:
- Fly across the water to Europe (pref Germany)
- Collect car at BMW München
- Drive a round Europe a bit
- Drop off car at any of the drop-off locations in Europe
- Fly back across the water
- Wait an eternity for the car to sail across the water and clear US customs
- Collect car via US BMW dealer/delivery network

·
Registered
6,008 Posts

How do you in the States collect a car in Germany? I've read several posts about drivers collecting and how do you get home again??:confused:
http://www.bimmerfest.com/wiki/index.php?title=BMW_European_Delivery
:google:

Edit: don't realize first that he was not from US.
Car get drop off on preselected transport agencies, then agency responsible to get your car to one of the the ports, where car get boarded with rest of BMW and sheep back to US. Then from port car get transfered to BMW dealer that you purchase your car from - and then BIG DAY - you got phone cal from your salesperson.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blimey. Sounds like a bit of a circuitous thing to do, only to have it to sail over anyway. It's relativel;y easy from Europe obviously but is is really worth it from US/Can. Maybe the US/Can delivery chages are extortionate and more than offset by the flight/ travel/ hotel costs....?

·
I do'nt make mistakes.
10,478 Posts
For US residents, the car is discounted so it does make it potentially cheaper. The main reason is to enjoy driving around Europe.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just read that link after my last post. Sounds like a longwinded but well organised system nonetheless. Its something I'd probably do if I lived in the States and you get a trip to Europe as well. I bet the 6 week+ wait is a killer....

·
Road Goober
465 Posts
The guys in Germany have a HUGE sling shot, and they catch it with a ginormous catching mitt over in california. Thats why the state is breaking away into the ocean. Damn heavy cars....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Thats why the state is breaking away into the ocean"

And there's me thinking is was the weight of debt. You live and learn.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Blimey. Sounds like a bit of a circuitous thing to do, only to have it to sail over anyway. It's relativel;y easy from Europe obviously but is is really worth it from US/Can. Maybe the US/Can delivery chages are extortionate and more than offset by the flight/ travel/ hotel costs....?
Not from what I understood. For the same price you would pay for a car direct from a US dealer you can have a European vacation thrown in when collecting from Europe. The only downside is the waiting to collect your car after dropping it off at departure...so what.
This plan is also good for BMW because it helps build/maintain customer loyalty. So, a win-win situation.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I save approximately 10 + percent off of US MSRP on the 5 series. The savings really drives down vehicle monthly lease rate because the residual is based upon US MSRP. The savings is reduced by the cost of flying over there minus no dealer advertising fee. I also get $1,000 back from BMW CCA.

Euro Delivery is incredibly fun. I just did my fourth Euro Delivery. German and Swiss cities are safer and cleaner than US cities. There are many wonderful places to visit in Europe. In Europe there is much more concern about the needs of society as a collective whole so both the built and natural environments are treasured and preserved. In the US we emphasize the right of the individual to waste precious resources and trash the environment, therefore Europe is a wonderful place to visit. The US is getting progressively more dumpy and trashed with time so it is quite refreshing to visit places where people care about their environment and the broader needs of society.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wow, I just went because it was a free vacation. I didn't know I was making a social statement. Next time I'll pay more attention.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Custom User
759 Posts
ED: It was the most expensive vacation of my life. But I got a free car as a souvenir :thumbup:

·
Registered
878 Posts

I have picked up two cars in Germany, also means "taken delivery of" or "received", but never collected.

I collect stamps, and other items, but not cars. I guess some folks collect cars too.

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
I have picked up two cars in Germany, also means "taken delivery of" or "received", but never collected.

I collect stamps, and other items, but not cars. I guess some folks collect cars too.
You are gonna have to cut the bloke.... eh I mean the dude a break.

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
"Thats why the state is breaking away into the ocean"

And there's me thinking is was the weight of debt. You live and learn.
The weight of the illegal immigrants... And the criminals.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Why the CA bashing? You do know that it is the 5th largest economy in the world?! (and the biggest market for BMW worldwide)

·
Registered
158 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts