Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Sort of ironic how the new Williams is almost has an exact reverse color scheme paint job as the BMW. (well, at least the nose and sidepod treatment)

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
Notice that the Williams sports the vent in the nose as well.

Whats it for?

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Artslinger said:
The new McLaren is going to be orange... ick. :eek:
It is that way just for the test "season" and it is actually their original color.

As I understand it, since West is no longer the prime sponsor (and no one else is), they have been struggling with what the new color scheme should be. It will be mainly silver (of course), but we will see a little later what other colors they incorporate.

This will also change next year when Vodafone takes over as the prime sponsor.

·
9,324 Posts
F1Crazy said:

The last one is really interesting
Last year of Mild Seven in F1.... :(

·
Sikkens Autocryl MM
2,808 Posts
Patrick said:
It is that way just for the test "season" and it is actually their original color.
I kinda like the orange cars. Those salmon colored shirts the crew wore last season otoh were just heinous.

·
Drives cars for a living!
3,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really like how "FLUID" that Renault looks! :thumbup: Still can't get over all the little aero tid-bits all over some of the cars lately. I think it's getting out of hand a bit.:dunno:

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
elbert said:
I kinda like the orange cars. Those salmon colored shirts the crew wore last season otoh were just heinous.
I have a McLaren F1 model that is painted the same color. I like the color!

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Test_Engineer said:
Still can't get over all the little aero tid-bits all over some of the cars lately. I think it's getting out of hand a bit.:dunno:
:stupid:

There is nothing "graceful" about any of these current F1 cars. The aero sophistication is amazing, but they certainly cannot be called attractive, with all of the sprouting appendanges

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
racerdave said:

There is nothing "graceful" about any of these current F1 cars. The aero sophistication is amazing, but they certainly cannot be called attractive, with all of the sprouting appendanges
Well, bring on those beautiful CDG rear wings then! :thumbup:

:thumbdwn:

·
9,324 Posts
racerdave said:

Agreed. That rear shot of the Renault is the first attractive shot I have seen of any current gen car.

·
9,324 Posts
I think I liked the traditional orange livery better. :dunno:

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
I agree. The orange was very distinctive. The problem with the colors they've selected (apart from orange/red... whatever it is) is that the "reflective" silver tends to do just that and basically reflect the surface it's on... meaning the asphalt. It becomes kind of invisible. Looks great under light boxes (studio), bad on the track.

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
LmtdSlip said:
I think I liked the traditional orange livery better. :dunno:
I did, too. That would have been very easy to follow around the circuits.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts