BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I guess this could be Karma from my April Fool's joke last week.

I was struck in the rear passenger area while turning right into a driveway. I was headed for the BMW cca's autoX event. I'll post more info when I get home.

I'm OK, I think. I'll get checked out today if I can.

BMW Assist is pretty cool, btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Wow, hope your trip to the doctor goes well. Your poor car got munched, what a bummer. Was it a distracted driver behind you? Seems strange that you could get completely perpindicular and they could hit you on the side like that and not the right rear corner.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Brutal, sorry to see that. Hopefully you are OK.

The damage looks serious with the tweaked wheel and rear quarter. The person that hit you must have been asleep at the wheel.

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure all the details, but since his DRIVER side front was smashed up, it looks like he turned into me to hit me. His Mazda 6 was pretty much totaled, even had oil leaking out when it was towed away. With such a small car, he had to have been going 35+ to make my car move ~20 feet sideways the way it did. I'll keep this thread updated with the repairs, if applicable...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yea if your car looks like that I can't even imagine the damage on his car. Im sure that mazda just got shredded. did you take pictures of his car too; Im sure we'd love to see them, and they would be good to show to the insurance too.

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's a shot of his car. I'm not going to bother covering up his license. :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
301 Posts
Not as bad as I really thought it was going to be..were you turning left when he hit you? It almost looks like he turned into you?!

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
That is just one weird looking wreck. If you are turning right then he should have tried to avoid you by jerking the car to the left...which would have taken off your rear bumper and scraped his right side. Or crashed your right rear qtr panel and his left front. Instead it looks like he jerked it to the right, which just made the impact worse for both of you.

Good luck...

·
Cruising 280 Top Down
6,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The only witness said the guy was driving like a maniac, so, who knows? Perhaps he was drunk.

·
Registered
301 Posts
its good there was a witness. hopefully he gave a statement.. especially with something like this where the insurance companies will try to figure out who was doing what.

·
Who u r, u r forever....
527 Posts
i have a condo in Santana Row so i'm in San Jose quite often, ain't even gonna say what i'm thinking about a lot of the drivers out there!!!
8-(
good luck "petriej"

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Damn! So sorry to see this happened petriej. I know you must be upset at this but do remember that these things can be replaced and as long as you are OK, that is the most important thing. Definitely keep us informed on the developments.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
I'm very sorry this happened to you. I hope everyone involved is OK.

·
Nerdy G
908 Posts
damn thats messed up but she will be back better then ever

1 - 20 of 35 Posts