BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

What color is best

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

First post here! I'm coming out of an SL500 (black/black), and before I get flamed, I loved the car but it's time to move on.

My heart is set on the 650i, but it seems the most difficult part is not the car itself,yet the color in which it is driven.

I know this is a subjective question, and sometimes asked too often....

My gut instinct leans towards Jet Black (although hides body lines), Apline White (although played out), or Monaco Blue (just sometimes doesnt feel right)

would love to hear your thoughts...

(creame/beige/tan interior a MUST)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Having owned Bimmers in all three colors, I chose White because
* It doesn't show scratches like black
* It doesn't look dirty. Ever.
* (At least in S. Florida) Everyone with a 6er has is in black
* Couldn't find one in Monaco Blue that I liked.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My previous 3 series and my 5 series are both Black thats why I decided to go for a change and went with Mineral metallic silver. I do love the color and it always looks clean and hides things well but there's noting like Black when its just been cleaned and waxed.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
I spoke to some BMW Engineers and they told me the mineral silver 6er is actually a little bit nicer and a little bit faster then the rest of the 6ers, lol. :drive:

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
I've owned Sapphire Black, Mineral Silver, and Sepang Bronze 6-Series convertibles. In my opinion, the best looking (as in most attractive) of those is the Sepang Bronze M6 I own now. The one that got the most attention, and looked the most sinister, was the triple black, 645Cic. However, even though always garaged at home and at work, the Sapphire Black required constant cleaning.

·
Greg
209 Posts
Mine is Silver Metallic with light gray top. The longer I have it, the more I like it. Darker colors are nice but really hard to keep looking good. So far, I have only seen one with my color combo and that was about 2 weeks before I bought mine. Most of the 6ers I see have the black top. I don't think there is a bad color combo for a 6er vert, they all look awesome.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Mine is Silver Metallic with light gray top. The longer I have it, the more I like it. Darker colors are nice but really hard to keep looking good. So far, I have only seen one with my color combo and that was about 2 weeks before I bought mine. Most of the 6ers I see have the black top. I don't think there is a bad color combo for a 6er vert, they all look awesome.
WGM
post a pic

·
Registered
51 Posts
Other colors

You know there are other colors, for instance barbera red. I have that color in a vert, along with a creme beige pearl interior and more people have told me how much they like it than all the others cars I have ever owned put together.

·
Registered
179 Posts
You know there are other colors, for instance barbera red. I have that color in a vert, along with a creme beige pearl interior and more people have told me how much they like it than all the others cars I have ever owned put together.
I have to agree that is a great combo

·
Love my "UDM"
12 Posts
I must agree that the Barbera Red is a very eye-catching color. I get more compliments on my Barbera Red Metallic 750 Li than I ever did on my Alpine White 528i. And, you do not see many (any in my neck of the woods) that color.

·
Registered
758 Posts
What are you guys thinking....Deep Sea Blue......not often seen but often stared at when seen......Phil

·
Registered
179 Posts

Attachments

·
Nerdy G
908 Posts
barbera red baby lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
You really can't go wrong with any color on a 6er...all of them are beautiful! :)

However, I love my Jet Black...and I would do it all over again if I had to. :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts