BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordering a 2017 440i convertible but I can't decide between my two favorite color combinations:
Option 1: Mineral white / Coral red
Option 2: Estoria Blue / black
About me: 25 male.

Thoughts?

If anyone has a 4 convertible in either color combo pictures would be awesome and extremely helpful in my decision! All the dealers closeby don't have these conbos so I have nothing in front of me besides google images and the BMW configurator

·
Registered
143 Posts
Depends on who you are trying to attract. Most guys will say EB/Black. Girls will like MW/CR.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ordering a 2017 440i convertible but I can't decide between my two favorite color combinations:

Thoughts?
If you are particular about the exterior looking clean, I would stay away from white.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I hear you. I loved the coral interior as well as the EB but the superman combo didn't work for me personally. I settled on GS / Coral and really like it. Get lots of compliments on the interior color. Red leather isn't very common anymore and sets the car apart from the rest.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a brilliant silver w/coral red. Great in my opinion. Stays clean ish.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,810 Posts
If you are particular about the exterior looking clean, I would stay away from white.
Actually just the opposite. White cars look clean much longer than most colors. Most surface dirt is light colored and blends in with the white color.

OP, my vote would be Mineral White or Alpine White and Coral or EBII and Saddle.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is mineral grey with black interior, however my first and ideal choice was white with coral red. Keep in mind with black interior and top down, it gets hot real quick.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i vote blue and black :thumbup:

·
Registered
288 Posts
How about EB/Coral Red?

Anyway I vote EB btw because it is an interesting color and because you are getting Msport with it. You can't get Msport with MW as far as I know unless you order it special (and pay the exorbitant cost to do so)

·
Registered
187 Posts
My car is MW and Black. The only thing that stopped me from getting MW and Red was all the red plastic on the lower dash. At the time I ordered my car, leather dash was not available (turns the red plastic lower dash to black leather).

My vote is for MW/Red, only if you can order the leather dash.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,055 Posts

Thoughts?

If anyone has a 4 convertible in either color combo pictures would be awesome and extremely helpful in my decision! All the dealers closeby don't have these conbos so I have nothing in front of me besides google images and the BMW configurator
It's your car--you have to live with the decision. Get what YOU want. Why do you care what a bunch of strangers on the internet think?

·
Registered
848 Posts
My F33 is Sapphire Black with black interior and my Z4 is Deep Sea Blue with White interior. Surprisingly, the black interior does not get as hot as I thought it would. It certainly gets hotter than the white, but that is to be expected. Thirty years ago, I had a convertible with black vinyl interior. Now that gets hot. Felt like molten lava when you sat on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If I did not find my current 428i F33 black sapphire metallic with Saddle Brown Dakota Leather on the dealers lot, I would have ordered Option 1: Mineral white / Coral red 435. It is such a stunning combo in person.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Color is completely subjective. To the OP - look at as many combinations as you can find on dealer's lots and pick what you love. It's your car and you've got to live with it. Dark cars are typically harder to keep clean, but are striking when they are washed and detailed. White and silver cars are more forgiving. We have Mineral Grey with Oyster and love it - it pops, but if I was the "decider" (it's my wife's car) I would have gone with either MG and either black or saddle brown (probably the brown). The Estoril with Oyster is great combo also - as the contrast really pops. But, everyone has their own thoughts on color - get the combo that does it for you.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts