Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not impressed with the exterior color options offered on the new m3. After waiting several years for this car, I'm glad that it is finally here but would love to have it in a color that I like.
When I purchased my first Sienna Red 325i in 2001, I was told that a BMW can be purchased in any color that you want with of course an extended production time and increased cost. Does anyone know if I will be able to order the new m3 in a color other than what's listed in the ordering guide?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm not impressed with the exterior color options offered on the new m3. After waiting several years for this car, I'm glad that it is finally here but would love to have it in a color that I like.
When I purchased my first Sienna Red 325i in 2001, I was told that a BMW can be purchased in any color that you want with of course an extended production time and increased cost. Does anyone know if I will be able to order the new m3 in a color other than what's listed in the ordering guide?
you did used to be able to roder most cars in another color as long as it was a BMW color. My dealer told me they no longer do that.

what color did you want?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really was pleased with the color on my first BMW which was Sienna Red. In the sun it appeared almost rust-like and was more burgundy in the evening. I got a lot of compliments on that color.
The Melbourne Red Metallic that is offered on the new M3 seems almost bright red. I'm interested in seeing how it would look in reality.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I don't think so. They've really shut down the custom color thing the past couple of years.

The M3 does not seem to have many paint choices. I wonder if they may have deliberately restricted the choices for the launch and perhaps will add a couple more in September (or March09)?

When I ordered my E46 M3 in mid-2005, I spec'd a custom color without an eyebrow raised. I've not heard of any US customer getting a custom color on an E9X.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts