Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i finally installed my rear passenger door handle. a 30 min DIY. but took me 6mo to have time. or feel like doing it. must been rain in socal that couldn't go on drive anyway
anyway back to my issue.
now my other doors not functioning correctly. think i have to re initialize the module? if so anyone know how on ISTA? only have K D CAN cable no the iCOM.
any info would be appreciated. my ISTA laptop is gone but bidding on new one, then reinstall the ISTA. but hopefully i can find instructions on how to re initialize the comfort access module before i get laptop ready
i was able to scan module to troubleshoot CA, that is when it located my rear pass door being issue.
wonder if by doing same would do the job?

·
Super Moderator
8,323 Posts
well i finally installed my rear passenger door handle. a 30 min DIY. but took me 6mo to have time. or feel like doing it. must been rain in socal that couldn't go on drive anyway
anyway back to my issue.
now my other doors not functioning correctly. think i have to re initialize the module? if so anyone know how on ISTA? only have K D CAN cable no the iCOM.
any info would be appreciated. my ISTA laptop is gone but bidding on new one, then reinstall the ISTA. but hopefully i can find instructions on how to re initialize the comfort access module before i get laptop ready
i was able to scan module to troubleshoot CA, that is when it located my rear pass door being issue.
wonder if by doing same would do the job?
ISTA/D will find the problem & add it as a fault. You can then go into the module on the control tree, then run the diagnostics to pinpoint the problem. Most failures on the door handles seem to be the wiring failing on the point of contact at the handle. You can then remove the handle & carefully separate the wires to repair the bad wires. You might have to code the handle using NCSExpert if needed. There are several good BMW software packages available on the net for less than 100.00. The XP software seems to be the best computers to run & operate the BMW software programs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts