BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took delivery of my 2011 F10 last week. Loving everything about it but still getting used to some of the functionality. I have comfort access and, from time to time, want to unlock the doors for passengers, too. When I grip the handle, only the driver's door unlocks (unless I am at a passenger door). What do I need to do if I want the other three doors to unlock? Hold the handle longer? Tap it again? In advance, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Grip the handle of any of the other three doors, and it unlocks all of them. If approaching the car from the rear, just touch the driver's side passenger door while walking past. When approaching from the front, you need to take one extra step to reach the rear door handle (the horror! :) )

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
When I had keyless-go on my Mercedes and Lexus I would just grab the driver's rear door handle to unlock all the doors.

·
Friend
93 Posts
You also have the ability to define unlocking only the driver's door versus unlocking all the doors in the car's settings. I just always keep mine set to unlock all doors.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Can you lock the doors from the door handle once you park the car? Or do you need to use the fob? My Acura has a black button to push to lock the doors, on the door handle.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Can you lock the doors from the door handle once you park the car? Or do you need to use the fob? My Acura has a black button to push to lock the doors, on the door handle.
Yes, with the Comfort Access option you can lock the doors by putting your thumb in a certain area on the handle. If you don't have Comfort Access you need to use the key fob to lock it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
1. Set preferences to open all doors. 2. Use the fob to open the passenger doors. 3. Touch a non-driver door handle to open all doors. 4. Buy a coupe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts