BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've had my 14 F02 for almost 3 months so far and the only issue with it is that the comfort access foot operated trunk release simply doesn't work. The dealer SA couldn't get the foot kick to work it either no matter what. I'm going to say it has malfunctioned or isn't hooked up. The remote control button press does work as does the button in the cabin.
Anybody have any suggestion how to go about trouble shooting this? I am realizing how many times I actually need this feature.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Weird, I've had some issues here and there... Also have had issues pressing the "lock" button on the trunk door itself to close the trunk. It eventually works.

Have you tried changing the batteries in the key fobs? Also, is there other stuff in your pocket along with the key fob that might cause interference?

Not sure these are solutions... :dunno:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It works for me but it***8217;s a bit hit and miss. I thought at first the feature didn***8217;t work at all. What finally worked for me was to place a foot under the bumper, wait a beat, then quickly pull back my foot away from the bumper. Sometimes it works right away, sometimes it takes a few tries, sometimes it takes several tries and I give up. The kicking motion I***8217;ve heard about has never worked for me.

·
Registered
978 Posts
when did the foot option started? i have CA option but never tried foot on trunk. mine is a 2010 model 750Li
i would guess it was LCI option. wonder if i could retrofit. probably never use it. but like my wife, does she really need one more piece of jewelry. huh.

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Hit or miss on the X6 as well. Makes you want to cuss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts