BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the
additonal $1200?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,716 Posts
comfort seats

jrsamps said:
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the
additonal $1200?
Are you getting the sport pkg? If you are going sport pkg your kind of defeating the purpose some by going with the comforts. If your going non sport by all means go for it if you keep your cars for long periods and take longer trips.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
688 Posts
jrsamps said:
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the
additonal $1200?
If you drive more than 12k miles per year, it is totally worth it. The upper articulating backrest is really supportive and the seat hugs you like no sports seat can. I don't think you will regret it and I don't think you will defeat the purpose if you get the sports package either, although some people do like the sports seats enough not to spend the extra dough.
 

·
Rocket Scientist
Joined
·
1,455 Posts
Worth every penny and you don't give up anything as regards the sport seats.

jrsamps said:
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the
additonal $1200?
 

·
Happy as a snapping clam
Joined
·
812 Posts
jrsamps said:
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the additonal $1200?
Have you sat in comfort seats? If they are the same as the 7's, they are the most comfortable car seats I have ever sampled, by far. They were a significant factor in my decision to purchase a BMW. :thumbup:
 

·
WHERE ARE MY KEYS????????
Joined
·
210 Posts
djlfp said:
Have you sat in comfort seats? If they are the same as the 7's, they are the most comfortable car seats I have ever sampled, by far. They were a significant factor in my decision to purchase a BMW. :thumbup:
I would strongly suggest that you option for it. Like posted before, they are the most comfortable seats, although I have never sat in the stock seats in the e60. But I love the way the seats hug you tight, makes going around corners a lot better. go for it! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
followup to comfort seats

HFPST5 said:
I would strongly suggest that you option for it. Like posted before, they are the most comfortable seats, although I have never sat in the stock seats in the e60. But I love the way the seats hug you tight, makes going around corners a lot better. go for it! :thumbup:
The reason I ask is that I read quite a few posts regarding the leather vs vinyl debate in the 530. Most posters promote the vinyl seats due to longevity and apperance. As you all know, to order comfort seats requires and upgrade to leather.

With a black interior and care, I doubt that the leather will show excessive wear. The car will be driven approximately 15K.
 

·
Spartacus_33
Joined
·
813 Posts
jrsamps said:
Getting ready to place an order for an 06 530 - Is the comfort seat option worth the
additonal $1200?
No question about it.... DO IT!

My past bimmers have all had Sport Packages....... with that package you always got GREAT sport seats. IMHO... the E60 sport seats suck! The wrap around side bolsters are just "not there", as they've been in the past.

In my early research of the E60s, I accidentally sat in a 545 with comfort seats and WOW! It was one of the first options I ordered.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,668 Posts
jrsamps said:
The reason I ask is that I read quite a few posts regarding the leather vs vinyl debate in the 530. Most posters promote the vinyl seats due to longevity and apperance. As you all know, to order comfort seats requires and upgrade to leather.
Sport Package also requires leather. If you drive 15k a year, I think the comfort seats are totally worth it.

Customer: What happens if I don't get the comfort seats?

Salesman: Then you get uncomfortable seats.

Customer: And what if I don't get the Convenience Package?

Salesman: Then it's inconvenient!
 

·
Spartacus_33
Joined
·
813 Posts
I've never seen a 5 series without leather......... :dunno:
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top