BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
pros: PIMP, works like a charm!
cons: expesive when they break; everyone and their mother wants to see it work thus promoting wear and tear.

·
Peter
272 Posts
I just keep my rear window and rear passenger shades up all the time :). No reason to play with it, I can see enough of the road the way it is.

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
got window tint, not sure why people get the shade when you can tint the car for a fraction of that cost :dunno: looks much better imo

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
schley said:
got window tint, not sure why people get the shade when you can tint the car for a fraction of that cost :dunno: looks much better imo
In New Jersey you can get a ticket for window tint if they want to get picky.IMO window shades are great,(without a ticket problem),even if the cost is pretty high.
cheers
vern

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
vern said:
In New Jersey you can get a ticket for window tint if they want to get picky.IMO window shades are great,(without a ticket problem),even if the cost is pretty high.
cheers
vern
you can get a ticket for tinting the back window???????????? in cali back window and rear passanger sides you can do any tint you want but nothing in drivers or front obviously.

·
Go Gators
10,339 Posts
schley said:
Why would you want window tint in a 330i or any bimmer infact? Window tint is if you don't want to be seen. If your driving any bimmer or any other nice car you WANT to be seen. We got shades they're nice and reduce alot of glare and hardly noticeable in day driving but can reduce rear window visiblity at night unfortunatly. Fully auto shades are very nice feature to have. No problems with them at all yet.*knocks on wood*

Here you don't get a ticket for tinting the back window but its illegal, but people still do it, to tint the windshield.

·
This is the Cubs year)
4,012 Posts
BmW745On19's said:
Why would you want window tint in a 330i or any bimmer infact? Window tint is if you don't want to be seen. If your driving any bimmer or any other nice car you WANT to be seen. We got shades they're nice and reduce alot of glare and hardly noticeable in day driving but can reduce rear window visiblity at night unfortunatly. Fully auto shades are very nice feature to have. No problems with them at all yet.*knocks on wood*

Here you don't get a ticket for tinting the back window but its illegal, but people still do it, to tint the windshield.
buying it to be seen, whatever. Let's not get carried away and think of a car as a ego boost. Your self esteem should come from the person you are, not what you have period. Be impressed with me by the person I am, not what I own. Being a school teacher/coach is my passion and where I get my self satisfaction. I do love my car, but those that love me for my car??? seriously what a stranger thinks of me matters not, what my friends and family think of me will always.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
schley said:
buying it to be seen, whatever. Let's not get carried away and think of a car as a ego boost. Your self esteem should come from the person you are, not what you have period. Be impressed with me by the person I am, not what I own. Being a school teacher/coach is my passion and where I get my self satisfaction. I do love my car, but those that love me for my car??? seriously what a stranger thinks of me matters not, what my friends and family think of me will always.
Just incase you forgot we are all entitled to our opinions if your a teacher/coach or a street sweeper.Lighten up your not in class your on a open forum.
cheers
vern

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
vern said:
Just incase you forgot we are all entitled to our opinions if your a teacher/coach or a street sweeper.Lighten up your not in class your on a open forum.
cheers
vern
Yeah vern, you tell him. If I didn't have my BMW, I'd feel so down in the dumps, I'd kill myself! We drive BMWs to feel good about ourselves and look down on the less fortunate ones. So that teacher should keep his squeky clean self contained self sufficient self esteem crap to himself.

To the world: Look at me!!! I have a BMW, you don't!!!! bwahahahahaa!!!!

Ah... whew. That felt so good.

·
Registered
25 Posts
MARCUS330i said:
Hey...don't be disrespecting the teacher.

No one has yet to mention whether the shades keep the car cooler in this Cali sunshine.
DITTO.

schley said:
got window tint, not sure why people get the shade when you can tint the car for a fraction of that cost :dunno: looks much better imo .
I got the shades because I personally don't like the way tint looks. Plus the terra interior looks so nice, it would be a shame to hide it behind tinted windows.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Folks I need manual sun shades for my rear screen and side windows for my E66 and possibly for the E60. I know I should have ordered them on the E60 but I was dumb. I need recommendations for aftermarket manual shades.

I remember a site with Euro in it which had great shades for rear screen but I can no longer find it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.