BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is the Compas feature on the Nav system A$$-backwards? The arrow rotates such that it is always pointing north, even though the N is always shown at the top. why can't it work like all other car Compasses such that North is always up, and the arrow points in the direction the car is moving?

Or am I just smoking crack?

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
allaboutme said:
You can adjust that feature. You can either point north always or point towards the direction of car travel.
I know this applies to the rest of the Nav Screen. it can either always be fixed pointing north, or you can have the map rotate with the direction of the car. But if I'm correct (and i may not be), the compass behavior doesn't change. Does it?

·
Supersonic E39
105 Posts
I believe you can only orient the map to point in the direction you are travelling when the scale is at either 400 or 800 feet. At 1/4 mile or larger, the only orientation option is north "up".

·
Grinning from ear to ear
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ryderfish said:
I believe you can only orient the map to point in the direction you are travelling when the scale is at either 400 or 800 feet. At 1/4 mile or larger, the only orientation option is north "up".
That still doesn't answer the question. Regardless of how the screen rotates, the operation of the compass is just screwy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts