BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2003 540i with 7K miles on it last year. Among the options the original owner had installed was the integrated blue tooth cell phone but he kept his phone (imagine that), leaving the rest of the h/w in the car. Anyways, the dealer told me they didn't have a phone (at the time) and if they did, it would cost me around $800. That didn't sound good, so I forgot about it.

Now, I'm midway through my phone contract (with Sprint), here in Raleigh, NC, and I'm wondering if there is a bluetooth phone that I can buy (from any phone carrier) that will sync up and work with the hardware in my six-speed. I'd prefer to stay w. Sprint, as it is one of the few carriers that has a signal in my house, but I'd consider changing carriers.

BTW, the car didn't have a CD changer, so I bought the Alpine unit from BMW (got a decent price negotiated when buying car) and installed it. Had to ignore the instructions to connect the wrong audio cable, but other than that, the install was a snap. Sure hope I can find a bluetooth phone that is just as straightforward.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Dave

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Dave,

I moved your thread from the DIY section to here as well as undeleted it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im selling a motorola car phone complete with the center console mount, the phone its gray and has the BMW letters on the batery. BTW The battery on the phone seems to be dead though and it was activated with Cingular. Everything else works perfectly.

For questions or pics email to [email protected]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts