BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my initial mods done to the 98 M, Shark, UD crank pulley, fan delete kit w/ 80 degree stat and lower temp switch, IK20 plugs, CAI, 0w40 Mobil one, Redline MTL, Redline in rear diff, Rouge trans mounts and clutch stop, and added a few key ground points I thought were missing. I drove the car twice now and with the slight break in snowfall looks like I can drive it pretty good tomorrow, so far I haven't noticed a whole lot of gains from the mods, is it the type of ECU that has to learn? The car needed a new battery when I got it so the ECU is defenitly reset.

Last question is, the Dunlop 8080's on the car couldn't be the originals could they? They are showing signs of dryrot(slight cracks between the treads) and still have half tread, how long do they usually last? When the weather finally breaks Toyo T1S's will be fitted, I just find it hard to believe they last that long.

BTW it has 17,570 on it as of today.

· Crazy Canadian
1,100 Posts
It's more an issue of the fact that the mods you've done aren't going to really do anything for power. Maybe perceived power but good luck proving any gains.

In all the cars I've owned, modded or bought modded those types of mods really don't do anything for real power. The only two things listed that might make any sort of difference(we're talking 5-10hp here which really isn't anything) is the CAI/ECU combination. Even that estimate might be generous.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After 120 miles it is running better and better. Now it's time to address the flexible rear-end. I have come up with this, IE trialing arm bushings and subframe bushings, Buttstrut, front strut brace, rear Koni's w/upgraded rear shock mounts. That should transform the car into a more ridgid platform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.