BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an '01 330i, took it in to get the emission test done and was told it couldn't be tested because the codes had been reset or the battery recently been disconnected. So the o2 heater and Evap system are not ready yet. I have driven the car about 60 miles and they still haven't turned to ready yet. I don't know how long it takes to get them to ready or how to get them to ready???? does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
One week of combined highway and city driving is normally enough to reset the system and provide an accurate reading of vehicle performance.

If a model year 1996 through 2000 vehicle is being tested, it can pass its state inspection with as many as two OBDII monitors ***8220;not ready.***8221; If the vehicle is model year 2001 or newer, no more than one monitor may be ***8220;not ready***8221; for it to pass. All vehicles that fail their initial tests due to catalytic converter efficiency problems (trouble codes PO420, PO422 or PO432) need to complete their checks and show catalyst monitors as ***8220;ready***8221; before they can undergo re-tests.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts